'My Documents' synchronization problems

killerasp

Gawd
For a new user joining the domain i have done the following:

1. Copy their local profile to their user AD profile on the server.
2. Ive mapped their 'my documents' folder to the 'my documents' in their user profile on the server.

Everytime the user logs of, it synchronizies the folders. But when it does it, it creates copies of folders. So now the user has "My Pictures" along with "Copy Of My Pictures". This is replicated for every folder and file in the 'my documents' folder. Am i doing something wrong here? Why is it creating duplicates of each folder?

killerasp said:
Everytime the user logs of, it synchronizies the folders. But when it does it, it creates copies of folders. So now the user has "My Pictures" along with "Copy Of My Pictures". This is replicated for every folder and file in the 'my documents' folder. Am i doing something wrong here? Why is it creating duplicates of each folder?
Turn off automatic caching of redirects and disable caching of the share folder.

Here are the settings that I use for everybody except laptop users:

Computer Settings
At logoff, delete local copy of user’s offline files Enabled
Prevent use of Offline Files folder Enabled
Remove 'Make Available Offline' Enabled
Synchronize all offline files before logging off Disabled
Synchronize all offline files when logging on Disabled
Turn off reminder balloons Enabled

User Settings
Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline Enabled
Prohibit user configuration of Offline Files Enabled
Synchronize all offline files before logging off Disabled

what the difference btw 'default domain controller policy' and 'default domain policy'?

the 'default domain controller policy' is only applied to your DC's. (by default)
The 'default domain policy' applies to every computer/machine in the domain.

killerasp said:
what the difference btw 'default domain controller policy' and 'default domain policy'?
The domain controller policy only applies to the DCs. I would not modify it. I added a few things to it like auditing and such.

The domain policy is used to set policies for the entire domain. The only thing I use the Domain Policy for is setting the Password policy, lockout policy, and some Certificate settings.

Back