My DLink 604 keeps dropping me in Xbox live...any help?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Man its bugging the hell outa me, My disconnect is 42% and I never quit games or disconnect if im getting beaten, but its getting to the point where noone will want to even play if this keeps going up.

Any help appreciated.

:cool:

I have the D-Link 604+ which is the same model but with a ADSL modem instead of a ethernet WAN port. The only thing I could suggest is the put the Xbox as the DMZ and see if that makes any difference, dont really like doing that because of security concerns but just testing it wouldnt hurt.

Also I wouldnt worry about the 42% discconnects, I certainly dont look at that figure when playing people on Live, infact I only found out a few weeks ago you could.

My D-Link does the SAME THING, or did.
I found out that if I add ANYTHING to the Application Rules list, in the router, it causes disconnects alot. Once I cleared all apps from the list, it stopped disconnecting me. Glitches O'Plenty :(

thndr143 said:
My D-Link does the SAME THING, or did.
I found out that if I add ANYTHING to the Application Rules list, in the router, it causes disconnects alot. Once I cleared all apps from the list, it stopped disconnecting me. Glitches O'Plenty :(
could you explain what you did?

thanks

Back