My desktop just died.

darksonic

Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
677
Sad day. I thought the PSU was the culprit but I just tested a new one and I still had the same issue. Looks like it's time to upgrade!
 
You sure it's not just the motherboard that's dead?

Oh if you want us to setup a build list for you, please answer the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST" so that we can help you better
 
your setup is still very capable. Unless you are wipin yer butt with $50's I would trouble shoot the dead component. IMHO :)
 
Dead component has been found! Looks like video card as I was able to get to my desktop with my girlfriend's 4670 installed. Just ordered a 6970 and a new PSU as I was looking to upgrade soon anyway.
 
gj man! Not to sound like a troll but wont that make your cpu a bottle neck? I hope not but it seems like a large gap between generations.
 
Potentially, but like I said, I'm looking to upgrade soon. A friend that works at BBY isn't going to buy from Retail Edge so he said I could buy the stuff instead.
 
Your Q6600 is fine for right now but your going to need to OC that cpu to 3.0 - 3.2 GHZ. Its a very capable cpu only if its OC'd
 
Your Q6600 is fine for right now but your going to need to OC that cpu to 3.0 - 3.2 GHZ. Its a very capable cpu only if its OC'd

Oh, should probably update my signature. Yeah I've got it at 3.0GHz right now but that's the highest it will go. Unfortunately I got stuck with a B3 that doesn't overclock for crap.
 
Thought I'd bump this up with my new system specs.

Asus Rampage III
G.Skill Ripjaw 3x4Gigs
Intel i7 960
Corsair 750TX
XFX 6970
 
Back
Top