My Desk + Custom Triple Monitor Stand - WIP

Man, stalker, that turned out really nicely. I'm impressed! I love that monitor setup, including the little tv. I would love to have a command center like that, if I could only justify it. :)

the_command_center.jpg

I changed the desk location in the room and got a new chair, this gives me more room to move around. I still have some cabling work to do, but it's pretty much done

Since I use this for my job (I work from home) I use all three monitors for work, in addition to gaming

That came out amazing considering its made from 2bys, 4bys and non furniture plywood. Also stop sign poles for the monitor mounts. Blown away by the finished product considering the materials used.

Bravo

snip

I changed the desk location in the room and got a new chair, this gives me more room to move around. I still have some cabling work to do, but it's pretty much done

Since I use this for my job (I work from home) I use all three monitors for work, in addition to gaming

What do you work? :rolleyes:

nice setup, i might have to get a custom build similar to yours. How much do you think it would cost total (materials and labor)?

nice setup, i might have to get a custom build similar to yours. How much do you think it would cost total (materials and labor)?

Unfortunately I can't really tell you, I can only guess since I got a lot of it for free or borrowed stuff from my dad (like the tools, some bolts/nuts, paint brush, etc...). Here was my breakdown

• 2x10's (Cut for legs, braces, etc...) - Free
  • 1 Sheet 3/4" (Desktop) - $38
  • 1 Sheet 1/2" (Backing) - $27
  • 15 or so odd Galvanized Steel Posts (Monitor Stand Frame) - Free
  • 2 2" 1/8 Steel Strapping - $10
  • Various Bolts/Nuts/Screws - Free to $10
  • 1 Can of Clear Lacquer - $13
  • 1 Can of Polyurethane - $15
  • Various Paint Brushes - Free to $10

Assembly time was over the course of several weeks, maybe 10-15 hours total (not including drying time for the poly and lacquer)

Had you had to buy everything (save for the tools) you'd probably be looking at $200+, depending on the price of lumber and steel at the time

Back