• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My CRT refresh rate

SSlaytanic

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
179
I have a 17'' HP CRT, it can go 12x10, but a "recommended" 60Hz only, which obviously cuts my eyes out. I can live with 10x7, but I want something a little larger for a desktop rez... (10x7 for games though).

My problem is that if i choose 85Hz for 12x10, will it permanently damage the monitor? It's not a recommended refresh rate, but it's still there. Or will it just look screwed up and I just press "no, i want to revert" to go back to 60HZ?

edit: i just tried 12x10 with 85Hz - no defects but i can still notice flickering. Will go higher really strain my monitor?

When I go back to 10x7 after being at 12x10 at any refresh, 10x7 feels like 640x480 :eek:
 
Back
Top