• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My cpu won't OC =(

swy81

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
45
I have a Athlon 64 3000+ and I also have a GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard by Gigabyte. I go into the bios to OC my cpu but the most it will allow me to OC it is to 2.0G. I can only go from the 1.8G to 2.0G. If I try to raise it any higher, it will lock during startup. Anyone have any ideas or can show me what is the ideal way to OC the cpu??
 
swy81 said:
I have a Athlon 64 3000+ and I also have a GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard by Gigabyte. I go into the bios to OC my cpu but the most it will allow me to OC it is to 2.0G. I can only go from the 1.8G to 2.0G. If I try to raise it any higher, it will lock during startup. Anyone have any ideas or can show me what is the ideal way to OC the cpu??

READ THIS!!
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=795444
 
1st OCing is not a given, and in most cases you will need to find the best mix of frequency, voltage, cooling and some dumb luck.

if you are stuck, check you temps to make sure your CPU is not cooking itself, and if if the temps are ok, try raising your voltage (don't forget your RAM either).

there are some decent guides around too that outline what point to cover specific to platform...like the link provided in the above reply.
 
and as to why some chips are golden and others are dogs see part two of the ESD & Electromigration Rant

its both the luck of the draw and the skill and equipment you bring to the party ;)

Good Luck
 
My friend has either a similar or the same gigabyte board, and cannot overclock either.
 
Back
Top