• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My cpu temp

Corysti

Weaksauce
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
85
Hello everyone,

I finally finished my computer around 2 weeks ago and it runs great! I only have a few problems though. I check my temp using real temp and it always stays at 32c all the time. I even tried a push pull set and it says 32c I even opened up my window and let it get super cold in my room and it still said 32 but if I do load it, It will get around 36/35 on both cores (e8400 @3.4ghz) I don't think this is hot but I figured the temp would changed based on outside temps and just normal load. The e8400 is lapped and the guy that had it before me used it for water cooling and he ran it at 4.0ghz most time so I don't think the sensors could be damaged...So Any advice? Oh I also used occt to check temps and it says 37 all the time so I'm not sure if thats the motherboard or cpu
 
could be the idle temps just wrong.. also id check and see if there is a different monitor provided by the board manufacture.. just look on their site.. its a known issue with intel cores and the idle temps being wrong.. so id go that route first..
 
Many Intel CPUs have sensors that get stuck and won't report temperatures below a certain point. This doesn't really matter. As long as your temps are within safe levels, your minimum temperature isn't significant.
 
Back
Top