My COSMOS : CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 Review

i do not have the case,I made the review for a contest,and I posted it here,cause I worked a lot for it and you can see the details this case has

Looks nice, except for that price point there is way too much plastic on it.If I'm spending that kind of dough on a case, I expect everything to be made of some kind of metal, who knows maybe I've been spoiled by old CM cases and Silverstone, but still. Also is it true that there are to versions of this case?

i do not have the case,I made the review for a contest,and I posted it here,cause I worked a lot for it and you can see the details this case has

If you do not own that case how can you review it...? This is bizarre.

Looks nice, except for that price point there is way too much plastic on it.If I'm spending that kind of dough on a case, I expect everything to be made of some kind of metal, who knows maybe I've been spoiled by old CM cases and Silverstone, but still. Also is it true that there are to versions of this case?

I do own the case and believe me, there is no shortage of metal. This thing is very heavy and solid. They just put some plastic on the top for looks, but it's all metal under it and very sturdy.

top.jpg

I think it's a great case. It is designed more for silence than performance cooling, so if you need extra cooling, the first thing to do is replace those 1200 RPM fans with at least 1600 RPM. That made a big difference, especially for the hard drives.

can you put a radiator on top of the case and still close the louvre (Black plastic cover on top)

can you put a radiator on top of the case and still close the louvre (Black plastic cover on top)

I think I just answered this same post in another thread, but this one is more crowded so here goes.

A radiator will NOT fit on top. No Fucking Way. Fans will, but the radiator will not, I looked at _every_ dual 120mm rad and none of them are thin enough. Nor would you want to. You need to put the fans in push and not pull so you need the fans on top. Here is how mine is set up:

[ 25mm Fan ] [ 25mm Fan ]
========Top sheet Metal========
[ PA 120.2 Performance Shroud]
[PA 120.2 Radiator]

I had to buy longer screws to get the screw through the fan and into the radiator, which was a pain and you have to be SUPER careful you dont pierce the rad. The fans are in push and the top lid will not close. Its about 5mm shy of closing. I am in the middle of my build ATM and I plan on taking a dremel to the underside of the louver's cross beams to make some more room. The lid doesnt close and it doesnt look too bad, but I want it to look seamless. I will also be putting a 120.1 in the back as well, so I can post some pictures as I get further along.

Back