My Corsair TX750 died...

DeadSkull

Supreme [H]ardness
Today my Corsair TX750 finally decided to die. I've just received a Q9650 from newegg so like a true [H]guy I wasted no time and replaced Q6600 with Q9650, checked all the wiring etc and hit the power button. Nothing...not even a beep or an LED light up on the motherboard. I've had a similar problem 2 weeks ago and back then the culprit appeared to be a loose pwr switch cable from the case to the mobo. At least it appeared that way.
So I first checked that and bypassed the whole cable issue just by shortening the two pins for PWR by using a screw driver, still nothing. Checked if it was the ram, took out the gpu even put back the Q6600. I mean my PC was running just fine an hour ago when I powered it down, I didn't think it was the psu. Finally dug up my Coolermaster 650W psu, hooked everything up, hit the power button and the pc started up. Too bad this Coolermaster 650W only has 36A cummulative on 12Vs so I won't be oc'ing this Q9650 for a while.

I bought my TX750 on August 2008 and since then haven't really put it through much load until recently when I bought a GTX 280 last month. When I got my GTX 280, I've oc'ed my Q6600 even higher to 3.897 and ran the computer through some serious stability testing, IBT, prime 95 + furmark to make sure it was rock solid. guess I just got a bad apple for TX750, never seen anyone else have a problem with it and I don't doubt Corsair's reputation for reliability.
Anyways how's Corsairs rma, is it easy and quick, does anyone have experience with it?

sorry to hear that. but i've only heard good things about Corsairs customer service so I think they'll fix you up in now time. There is a corsair rep on this board, Redbeard or something like that, I'm sure he'll notice this thread soon and will help you out.

Yea, the psu picked a really bad time to die considering I just received the q9650 and planned to oc the hell out of it.

If you have any problems with the RMA process, let me know here on the forum through a PM. I'll look into it for you. It should be fairly quick right now, we're doing well on turnarounds.

It sounds like a great opportunity to buy a new one and use the RMA'd one to build a second rig later.

It sounds like a great opportunity to buy a new one and use the RMA'd one to build a second rig later.

Yea, I was planning on picking up an HX1000 sometime in the future. Still kicking myself for missing newegg q9650 + hx1000 deal.

I actually just had to deal with a RMA through Corsair. You're going to want to call them up and talk to someone directly. I tired the Express technical support form and it took them two days to reply back with the paper clip test to see if the psu was dead. After waiting another day and a half I just called and had an RMA# in about 30 minutes.

Also you can call back after you get the RMA # and ask them to do an advanced RMA where they send out the replacement right away but put a charge on your credit card if you they don't get the broken one in I believe three weeks.

I actually just had to deal with a RMA through Corsair. You're going to want to call them up and talk to someone directly. I tired the Express technical support form and it took them two days to reply back with the paper clip test to see if the psu was dead. After waiting another day and a half I just called and had an RMA# in about 30 minutes.

Also you can call back after you get the RMA # and ask them to do an advanced RMA where they send out the replacement right away but put a charge on your credit card if you they don't get the broken one in I believe three weeks.

Thanks for the tip.

/found it, nvm.

Back