I have the temp warning set, they never go off, and when I reboot my computer, the temps are all well below the "warning" temps...
At first, I thought it was a power supply problem so I replaced the Power supply with a Corsair
(note on power supply: The big 24/20 set pins only had the 20 plugged into the motherboard originally even though it looks as though it would take a 24 pin. I copied this, should I plug the other 4 pins in???)
Second thought was a crappy virus so I did a complete reformat... no luck
I'm worried I have a short somewhere. Any ideas what could be causing the computer to just shut down?
No warning sounds or anything. I could be surfing the web, playing my game, listening to music... it just shuts off. The one time I tried to reboot immediately, it wouldn't even make it through the startup screen(s). So I usually wait a good 10-20min before I attempt a reboot. Never seems to have a problem booting up if I give it some time.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
At first, I thought it was a power supply problem so I replaced the Power supply with a Corsair
(note on power supply: The big 24/20 set pins only had the 20 plugged into the motherboard originally even though it looks as though it would take a 24 pin. I copied this, should I plug the other 4 pins in???)
Second thought was a crappy virus so I did a complete reformat... no luck
I'm worried I have a short somewhere. Any ideas what could be causing the computer to just shut down?
No warning sounds or anything. I could be surfing the web, playing my game, listening to music... it just shuts off. The one time I tried to reboot immediately, it wouldn't even make it through the startup screen(s). So I usually wait a good 10-20min before I attempt a reboot. Never seems to have a problem booting up if I give it some time.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks