My "Computer Desk"

Wondro

n00b
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
5
I've been a long time follower of [Hard]|Forum since i built my first computer. But it wasn't till recently i saw the L3p D3sk (Amazing btw) and it really motivated me to build my first case from scratch.

I've gotten a pretty good chunk of the desk built already but haven't had time to start up a worklog since I've been busy moving into my new house.

I'm settled now so its time to get at it.

Here was the current state as of this morning

IMG_0402-1.jpg



IMG_0403-1.jpg



I drilled the hole in the back plate for the acrylic tube i will use to route my wires

IMG_0400-1.jpg



After cutting it to length i used some frosting spay paint

IMG_0401-1.jpg



Skipped a couple steps but here is the tube mounted and under-lit

IMG_0405-1.jpg



And Finally with the back panel in place and all the cables run

IMG_0406-1.jpg



IMG_0407-1.jpg




Next up on the agenda is to completely rebuild the internals. Still rocking the comp i built in 07 so I'm way past due for an upgrade.

Parts List
---------------------------------------------
Intel Core i7 2600k Sandie Bridge
Sapphire Radeon HD 6990 **Updated**
Crucial 128GB SSD
CORSAIR PSG AX1200 **Updated**
Asus Maximus IV Extreme
Corsair Vengeance - 16GB

Watercooling Components
---------------------------------------------
EK Supreme HF CPU block
EK FC6990 GPU block **Updated**
EK D5 X-Top rev.2
Bitspower Matte Black Barbs
EK Ekoolant - Blood Red

*apologize for the pictures... yes there from my phone

All the previous build pics can be seen Here
 
Last edited:
Looks Awesome, I know about the camera pics, I just got home from a car show and found that all of the pics i took with my phone where taken in VGA mode and to small to be of use...:mad: 650 pictures that are useless.
 
Man that sucks.

Small update My sleeving arrived

IMG_0414-1.jpg


IMG_0415-1.jpg


Also ordered all of my components! Hopefully they will arrive this week and i can get started on the really fun stuff.
 
Last edited:
Been a long time since an update and I've gotten quite a bit done so I'll just get too it

Parts arrived
IMG_0459-1.jpg



Removed my old components and started with a new mb tray
IMG_0503-1.jpg


IMG_0502-1.jpg



Started work on the sleeving
IMG_0509-1.jpg


IMG_0513-1.jpg


DSC_0053-1.jpg


DSC_0058-1.jpg



Installed all the watercooling components
DSC_1048-1.jpg


DSC_0016-1.jpg



Started adding some wood accents
DSC_0014-1.jpg


DSC_0015-1.jpg


DSC_00462-1.jpg


DSC_00482-1.jpg


DSC_0043-1.jpg


DSC_0045-1.jpg


And that gets me up to recently where i started work on the sata power
DSC_00493-1.jpg



Also have the loop done and has been running for 24 hrs with no leaks
 
Looks great!, Love how your photos are vibrant too. I definitely need to take the time to learn how to shoot pics properly.
 
Got the first fan connector done

IMG_0639-1.jpg

Before on the left

IMG_0640-1.jpg


IMG_0641-1.jpg


Sorry for the phone pics. Brother in-law wanted his camera back so this will have to do till x-mas :)
 
Back
Top