my case is getting there

I just finished another stage of my case and I wanted to show it off :D

The case started off as a Lian Li PC-10 (aluminum w/ plastic front cover) that was painted the same color as my Dakota (Intense Blue). Well, I got tired of looking at the 3.5" bays looking like crap because of the front bezel roundness and went shopping for a new front bezel. I wound up buying a front off a Lian Li PC-82. The fit is great, but I need some new stand-off's because the PC-10's are too long. I had painted the USB hub and floppy a long time ago to go with the blue, but when I saw the new front with the silver paint I fell in love :p It looks just as good in person as it does in the picture. The 5.25 drive bay covers are new and I have some 3.5 as well, but I'm not sure if I'm going to mod them or keep the painted drives visible.

The high point of my "new" case is the side. I hadn't done anything to it since I got it because I was debating what to do for a window and the "stock" beige did not go with the otherwise blue case. So I marked out a simple window and took my trusty jigsaw to it.

When the window was cut out it was time to break out the sandpaper and go to town on the panel. I started off with 120 grit and worked down to 600 grit while working with a palm sander. Then it was time for every grit between 600 and 2000 that was hand sanded. Finally it was time to break out the Mother's polish. Below is the not quite finished product. I still have some more polishing to do when I have more time to dedicate to the case.

Enjoy,

system06sm.jpg

p.s. The vertical line towards the front of the side is a shadow line or something like that (from the flash). It's not there in person ...

Chuck

completely unrelated, is 92.3 still 92 pro fm.... i used to live there, like 7 years ago =d nice case

Back