My Case... Any Thoughts?

OblivionLord

Limp Gawd
134569948IFvlan_fs.jpg

Go here for more...
http://community.webshots.com/album/106049460XMWVQi

I am using 2 PSU's just for the fact that the next Generation video cards need a beefier PSU. So instead of me selling my 430watt and hopfully getting what I paid for it, I went and did the dual PSU mod.

I have the same case. You can actually fit 2 PS verticlely up top. I'll try to find some pictures of my setup.

Dude, The antec 430 TruePower ran nicely my 3 optical drive, 4 hard drives, live drive, 8 case fans, OC 2800+, floopy, and ATI Radeon 9700Pro without so much as a hickup. I would reconsider the duel PSU.

looks very nice =P

a few questions, how did u mount the second psu? did u conenct the two together with one of those same-end power cables, beacse i noteced not all psu's have another outlet port. aha, and another thing, zip-ties always come in handy. who makes your cpu heatsink? iv been looking for one that can support an 80 milimeter fan for a while. lmk, thanks!

The 6800 runs on 90-100w by itself, I'd imagine the x800 runs on about the same. If you have that much power open on your PSU you won't need anything bigger.

It may work with just Antec 430True but, if it doesnt then at least I wont have to worry about that problem cause I will have more then enough power.

hellzassasin: I used the guide at this link....
http://www.burningissues.net/how_to/power/psu.htm
Its extreamly easy.

The heatsink is on the sig. Its a Thermalright SLK-948U

I have some bread wiring wrapped around some of the wires and yes zip ties would be better but, Im getting good enough cooling as it is for the price I paid.

I run 2 Hard drives, CDRW, DVD, Floppy, 2.4c p4, radeon 9800pro, and everything runs gracefully :) Reconsider 2 PSU's.

I think it looks great, the dual PSU will be helpful in the future considering that the NV40 and X800 are supposed to use two seperate rails from the psu. Way to plan ahead.

I would suggest some wire management just to make it look nice. :)

Back