• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

My Cable Management

Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
2
I probably should've waited until I took the time to plug in my two optical drives but I'm eager to get some feedback on my first attempt at cable management. I own a DFI board and there exists four power connectors. The floppy power cable and the molex are recommended to be plugged in for stability issues but I decided not to plug them in since I'm not overclocking anything at the moment. My question is simply - what can I do to currently improve what I've got? My case is a Mid/Micro ATX so I'm a bit more limited on space than the average Mid Tower ATX case. Here's a link to it:

http://www.athenatech.us/Brochures/A602.pdf

This is a before picture:

comp.jpg


This is the after:

cm.jpg


Thanks for the feedback.
 
much better, but what about those optical drives

edit: got beaten to it. lol
 
aznpxdd said:
No IDE and power cables on the drives?


the drives are backwards, so the connectors are on the other side


looks good brotha! probably helps a ton with airflow too
 
we are talking about the two optical (cd) drives on top that have no power or ide
 
compslckr said:
we are talking about the two optical (cd) drives on top that have no power or ide



touche



but....


OP said:
I probably should've waited until I took the time to plug in my two optical drives but I'm eager to get some feedback....
 
rayman2k2 said:
the drives are backwards, so the connectors are on the other side
The optical drives are? Meaning when he ejects a CD it goes into his motherboard?
 
good job. Looks great...now i need to do mine.

PS I would sugest plugging the molex and FDD power into the mobo, molex above the chipset and FDD right above the pcie slots.
 
Very nice job, now get a good cooler and start oc'ing! I hate seeing stock coolers on such nice boards. :p
 
you might want to clip off the hoods on the ide cables...makes them bend a bit more, and looks better
 
Back
Top