My budget jumped, best 5.1 speakers for $250 or less?

thesmelliestsock.

[H]ard|Gawd
As the topic says.

Also, what is a good site to order speakers from? I'm looking for good computer speakers by the way.

New Egg ( www.newegg.com ) would be MY best choice for an online store, Comp-USA or Best Buy for retail stores. But i might suggest the Logitech Z-5500 ( http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16836121120 ) they are very good speakers, BUT some ppl HATE them because they do NOT use a seperate tweeter for the high end of the sound spectrum, insted the use a phase cone thingy (suposed to combine bothe a mid-range driver with a higher rang driver). The Klipsh Promedia Ultra 5.1( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836119106 ) would also be a VERY good choice, BUT there are a little more expensive AND they have gotten a little bit of a reputation of blowing out right or soon after the Warrinty expires(bout 1 to 1 and a half years), but they have said they fixed this problem though. :) You might also look at some of Creatives and Cambridge Soundworks speakers. so hope this helps! :D

As mentioned in another thread--you can get the Klipsch 5.1 Ultra's for under $270 with free shipping. Dell is always offering fantastic coupons.
I picked my Ultra's up for $26#.00. I forget the exact #. Geat deal!

dell is the way to go on those 5500 speakers. the cheapest I've ever seen them on dell is $225 (including shipping, but not tax), but that was 2 months ago

Im in some what of the same situation looking for speakers, but figured Id save starting a thread and just post here. I have no real set limit, but basically am looking for the best speaker setup for gaming, movies, and music(In that order). What would be the best speakers.

ah.... simply put, go to a store and demo as many speakers as you can. Find a sound that you like. If the shop lets you bring in your own music, DO IT. It makes a big difference in what you may end up buying.

also are you looking into just computer speakers, or using a reciever?

I mean I game, and use a reciever, with two nice speakers and ok ones in the back, and a sub with a seperate amp for that.

I found a deal for the Klipsch speakers on Dell from slickdeals.net, the 20% off isn't working for me though :(

# Klipsh Promedia Ultra 5.1 Speaker System
$360 - 20% QC842J5JZ?910T - $35 S42TPR4GGSZ5M6 = $253

Aren't the S700's 7.1? If anything I would get the G500's.

link

These are cheaper than any of the other speakers I've looked at in the price range. But are they any good?

also, are they digital? Ive been looking at those, but havent been to the website in a while.

Logitech 5500's were going for $200 with free printer at dell about a month ago
Lowest I've ever seen them.

Even for 250-280. id go with them

Back