My Athlon XP-M OC Trials

El Nacho

Noobie Cheese
I got in on the recent deal at newegg for the 35 watt 2400+ xp-m. Its marked IQHYA. Poped her and went straight for what my 2500+ was running at...2.2. Handled it no problem at stock voltage, or as close to stock as my board will go, 1.55v. I just passed the 8k test on prime95. I figure I'll let it go for another hour and jump it up again. I'll post back as I go on.

Any one else have this stepping?? If so what are you getting out of it? Specs in sig, cooled by a slk-800.

oc.jpg

Now that is by no means stable. I'm going to have to learn how to change the default voltage on this board. I can only go up to 1.725. the board also wont recongnize any mulitplyer over 12 (or 12.5). going to have to find a way to fix that. I dont know if it was not enough voltage or the board doesnt like that high of a fsb (was at 210). But that is what i'll be shooting for.

The last two of these where ver 1.04 and didnt oc worth anthing. If I could pick up a lanparty somewhat cheap i would, but I cant see putting anymore money into a dead platform. wish i could get my old voltages back (could go to 1.85 before) and the higher multiplyers.

on my asus a7v8x-x theirs a jumper above the socket and it saids overvolt, the top mine would go was 1.85 but if i set the jumper to overvolt it would go all the way up to 2.05.there should be one on yours too, look in your manual. but becareful i fried my 2600+ and this took a part in it :(

I dont think mine has that jumper...but i'll look for it. When you did that though, how did it show up in bios?

El Nacho said:
I dont think mine has that jumper...but i'll look for it. When you did that though, how did it show up in bios?

What he says is true. It's in the A7V8X-X manual:
a7v8x-x.JPG

I don't remember seeing a jumper like that on my A7N8X-X. It's not in my manual.

Pretty sweet feature if you ask me. I just hope that it provides stable voltage and current on the overvolted settings. :cool:

i'm pretty sure its not on the my board....but when i get more than five seconds to sit down i'll check.

The things that gets me is that I had up to 1.85 with my "regular" barton. As soon as I put in the moble i only get up to 1.725.

Back