My 9800 Pro & Mobo UV Drawing!

Hi,after my 1st UV Drawing here: My Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro graphics card

I couldn't help wanting to do more! so as you can see I've added a bit of colour to the heatsinks and then decided to go ahead and paint the mobo,then got a little carried away and painted the side of the RAM and the dvd,dvdv rw drives,lol

The ink sorta got rubbed off the dvd drive with my hand when I was touching up the mobo ;)

(The pics are a little blurry couldnt keep my hand steady enough,lol)

Anyway please let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Lee.
:D

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7

AMD 2600+
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
512 MB RAM
80 GB
Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro graphics card
DVD
DVD RW
Loads of UV

With the UV off it doesnt glow at all,you can just about see ink from the pens with some normal light

This so makes me think of Tron. I would like to try this in all one color. IMO, it looks a bit too rave-like with so many colors. Very cool though.

Looks nice, Ive had that idea before, but I was going to use UV paint... I havent looked into UV at all, so I didnt even know there were markers. =)

they aren't "UV pens",they are just Fluorescent Gel pens,just in case you go out trying to find "UV pens" like I did ;)

Sweet, those are some nice designs and not something you see every day. I'll second that it looks too "rave-like" for my tastes, but I still think you did a GREAT job.

The graphics card took about 4 hours and the mobo about 6 or 7 hours (with a few short breaks of course ;) )
It took that long cos I was doin it real carefully.Also the pen tip tends to slip sometimes and the ink doesn't always come out,but with a little patience everything went well :)

Lee.

A couple questions for you Lee. As I've tried going the UV route and it kinda turned up not nearly how I wanted. My questions are, how many and what types of UV lighting are you using? I have 3 UV CCFL's (2 of which are from Lamp electronics, supposedly the brightest on the market) Yet none of my "UV reactive cables, paint, connectors, fans really glow much at all. So I'm wondering if my lighting is bad or if the "UV reactive" products I bought are at fault here. Any feedback is very much appreciated.

OG

Damn that looks sweet. Very nice detail! I gotta do that to mine when I get my Lian Li!

looks really really good, i would do that but with all my other projects it would be finished some time around the year 2012

KoZLop: The paint has been on my hardware now for bout a week and I can still wipe it off very easily witha tissue,cloth etc..

Operaghost: At the moment theres just 3 UV cold cathodes,I do have some UV LEDS I havent put in yet but with just those 3 cathodes it seems to work pretty well,I bought them from Ebuyer If your'e UV reactive cables, paint, connectors and fans dont glow it's most likely that your CCFL's arent as good as they claim to be,where have you got them placed in your case?

SarverSystems: Heres the pic of the pens I used,note that the piece of cardboard the pens are on is not always the same,I bought mine in pairs but it had a different design,I also bought some of the colours individually.

BIC Gel Intensity

Lee.

Lee, I have one CCFL at on the floor of the case, just inside the window panel. Then another mounted vertically between the baydrive mounts and the side panel at the front side of the case. Wish I could find my USB cable for my digicam so I could show pics. Where do you have yours mounted? I'm thinking maybe I'll try some of the ones you have.

p.s. I checked ebuyer.com and I couldn't find any UV cathodes. All I saw were a few colors

I'm really glad it's inspired so many people,it's a cheap,easy and fun mod to do,you do need a lot of time and patience tho ;)

Lee.

wait, so i just get these gel pen things and write on my stuff? lol, i don't want to break my precious mobos.

Something like that would probably look very interesting in a clear PC mod... at least be something more for the eye to look at other than "the back of a motherboard"

IMO neon/uv in a pc mod is played out and looks kinda too 80's to me. Maybe a solid color like green or blue would look cool but that looks cheezy to me. Sry

Techx said:
IMO neon/uv in a pc mod is played out and looks kinda too 80's to me. Maybe a solid color like green or blue would look cool but that looks cheezy to me. Sry

SOO!!! It's still good!!! YOU KNOW YOU LOVE TRON!

really nice. Makes me want to get some UV ccfls, a bunch of UV leds and some fluorecent pens.. :)

Wow, that is pretty cool. I was going to do that mod a long time ago. I even bought the UV Gell Pens, but I got lazy...

Damn I wish I had steady enough hands for outlining all of those trraces and enough patience to do all of them .... hats off to u for this [H] mod

I have done the same thing, it DOES take a steady hand and it is really a pain trying to get the ink out of the pen. I had to result into "blowing" into the top of the pen, where the tube goes out from the ballpoint. Either way it is a neat mod. All one color does get rather repeaditive, as I have done that also. If you dont like the whole multi-color theme, then I would suggest doing the lines in one color, but the dots (connector points) in another to give contrast.

-Justin

Back