My 5th mod

l337*g0at

Gawd
Well, my first mod, was a window in a cheap antec case way back in 99. That was given to a friend , after I got my new case.
Second mod was a hard drive window mod, which is in my friends computer. My fourth mod was working with the dremel for the first time cutting an exhaust in the top of a chemnimg .

Tonight at 11-11:45 I worked on cutting a fan hole thru plexi glass. The plexi was on a windowed case ( chenming) but its back from 2001, so it doesnt have the side intake.

Pics are below.

floor.JPG

the floor after cutting a door...

thecut.JPG

Foamy plastic that burns like a mofo...

finalcut.JPG

Would have been nice to have a hole saw with lots of wd40

im kinda confused...
did you use a dremel (i see a dremel case) or did you use some foam that burned threw the window? lol ...either way. pretty cool. my case is the same color :)

Oh no. I used a dremel thru the whole process.
I was just calling the plastic stuff ' foamy' because it looks foamy as you can see. It was soft and warm, but then hardened off and then I had to change heads on the dremel and sand it off

ah ok. you should invest a few bucks into a stylish fan grill and your set. nice mod bro :D

Bah! do a little clean up on that wiring. I had a ton of hard drives in my main machine for a long time as well, but last weekend i took all of them out but the 120 Gig that my OS is on and put all the other's into a newly built storage server (4 x 120 gig HD's soon to have RAID once i get the card in) and then i did a major wire cleanup, and it dropped my case temp 8 C. I also added a nice little fan filter that i picked up from Home Depot to keep the dustbunnies out. I was pretty stoaked afterwords.;)

Why not sand it off? Or paint it the same color as your case and have it be some funky molding?

Still looks good though.

Just a thought... Maybe you could get some plastic black lining or nice black thick tape, and put it over the edges of the cut.. Its not that it isn't a good cut.. its just that with lights.. You can notice cuts a lot. Nice job though .. Nice job

Originally posted by Nonphixion
Is that a Spyder?
Someone mention me? :D
*Nick'd The Spyder because of my extensive mods and usage of a Spyder shutter*

What were you using for cutting?
Some reinforced wheels would have worked better.... The "foam" as you put it is caused by too high of speed and the wrong cutting tool used.

Yeah clean your damn room before you post pics of it...Also maybe a carpet cleaner would be the 7th mod.....What a freaking pig pin......Wasn't you taught any better?

Room is clean. Next post of mine will probably be showing off my soon to be 1000watt room system with three tape decks, 4 disc cd player,mp3 player,radio tuner,video in/out and tv hooked up to a video switch between the audio and tv. ill post pics when i get my woofer

Back