My 2405fpw fiasco... need advice

Cr@zZy

Limp Gawd
My dell 2405 that I bought in the summer of 05 began to have back lighting issues recently. The back light would sometimes flicker, or just go off. So yesterday I called Dell they we nice about it and sent me out a new one overnight which I received today. Less than 24 hours after calling a new one was at my door. Very nice.

Then after it warms up a notice that there is a green vertical line that runs about 50 pixels wide down the left of the monitor. So now I need to call back and get a new one. I want to try an argue into getting a 2407. Is the 2407 better? Also, do you think they would let me upgrade to a 3007 if a pay some extra?

did they send you a new one or new refurbished?
I rma'd mine until I got a perfect one and they always sent a refurb one for replacement.
You will not get a 2407 as 2407 is more expensive than 2405. 2405 only runs $500.

Wow - I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me. I was also having backlighting issues with mine, and they said they would send me a replacement. I should get it next week.

Actually, it looks like it is due to arrive on Monday.

My two year old 2405 died about a month ago. Dell sent a replacement 2405 (refurb) that was also bad. I e-mailed Dell, expressing my disappointment over having to deal with the hassle of two dead monitors. I asked for a 2407 as a way to "compensate" for the situation. Dell agreed and sent a new 2407 v.A03 and picked up both dead 2405 monitors. The process took a couple of weeks, but was well worth it. Definitely push for a 2407. I love mine.

My two year old 2405 died about a month ago. Dell sent a replacement 2405 (refurb) that was also bad. I e-mailed Dell, expressing my disappointment over having to deal with the hassle of two dead monitors. I asked for a 2407 as a way to "compensate" for the situation. Dell agreed and sent a new 2407 v.A03 and picked up both dead 2405 monitors. The process took a couple of weeks, but was well worth it. Definitely push for a 2407. I love mine.

Can you be more specific and tell me exactly how that's done?
I would really appreciate if you could give me names and more information.
If I can get a 2407 instead of my problematic 2405, I would be a very happy man.

If I can get a 2407 instead of my problematic 2405, I would be a very happy man.
Yes, please, be more specific.

There really were no specific details. I just laid the guilt trip on Dell and asked for a 2407 after dealing with the hassle of having two defective 2405 monitors. Every e-mail I received from Dell was sent by a different rep, so no particular name stood out.

I guess a good tip would be to keep a pleasant attitude in your e-mails, but emphasize your "extreme disappointment" with the way Dell handled your problem. Dell is highly sensitive to their poor customer service reputation. They'll go the extra mile to satisfy you if you "push" your issue. ;)

There really were no specific details. I just laid the guilt trip on Dell and asked for a 2407 after dealing with the hassle of having two defective 2405 monitors. Every e-mail I received from Dell was sent by a different rep, so no particular name stood out.

I guess a good tip would be to keep a pleasant attitude in your e-mails, but emphasize your "extreme disappointment" with the way Dell handled your problem. Dell is highly sensitive to their poor customer service reputation. They'll go the extra mile to satisfy you if you "push" your issue. ;)

Are you sure you did not get a refurbished 2407?
Because I called Dell and I did a chat with them through online, and I had the chance to talk to the highest supervisor and what he said to me was Dell will not send me a new monitor as my invoice date is over 21 days.
I just can't believe you after I was denied by 11 different agents and supervisors.
:rolleyes:

Back