MX700 problems in CS

The Chosen One

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys, ive recently bought the Logitech MX Duo, and im having a few problems getting it working all the time in CS.

I like to have my back/forward buttons set as Pistol/Primary Weapon Groups for faster switches. But everytime i load up CS for the first time after a reboot or turning the computer one, it fails to recognise that it has any more than 2 buttons and a wheel.

However if i quit, and reload CS, it works fine for all subsequent attempts. I CAN work around this, but its extremely annoying as i have to load and quit CS then load again, just to get started.

Ive got the Logitech Mouseware installed.

Comp specs (if relevant) are:

Athlon 2500+@3200+ Barton Core
Soltek NV400-L64
512mb 400mhz DDR
Sapphire Radeon 9600Pro
Creative Live! 5.1 w/Audigy 2 Drivers
80gb Seagate HDD
Logitech MX Duo

thats about all thats relevant.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried using the mouse without the drivers? The back/forward buttons will still work without them.

I play CS without the logitech drivers.

what version of mouseware do you have? I know that on my MX500 the one that came with it was terrible. Lucky I was amazed when logitech had just released v9.89 (I had 9.80) and it fixed everything. Plus you can set any button to whatever you want.

haha ive only got 9.75, and i bought it 3 weeks ago. Bloody old stock!.

Ill give new mouseware a try. Thanks.

Ahh, christ, my bad. I've been installing a ton of stuff with different versions, just got conused, sorry. Yea, its 9.79 not 8. lol.

Okay,well, it didnt fix it hehehhe.

The first time i load CS after reboot or somethimg, i still dont have the use of all 8 buttons. When i quit, and reload, its fine....until i reboot next.

Back