mx518 v deathadder

FinalAura

[H]ard|Gawd
My mouse recently died (microsoft/razer habu) and I went ahead and purchased a logitech mx518. I bought it at frys for $35 +$15 rebate, so $20 overall. However, they also had the razer deathadder on sale for $40.

Should I have bought the deathadder rather than the mx518? I just went with the 518 because it was cheaper... lol. Both fit comfortably with my hand so I could have went with either one. I use an icemat as a mousepad.

Thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I really like the mx518 right now, but what I don't like is the plasticy texture that sticks to my hands. But I suppose it will grow on me over time.

The 518's sensor has some predicition you won't be able to get rid of, so the Razer wins with a better sensor. If they both are equally comfortable to you, you'd be better off with the Razer but it is probably not worth worrying about now that you already have the 518 and you're happy with it.

The 518's sensor has some predicition you won't be able to get rid of, so the Razer wins with a better sensor. If they both are equally comfortable to you, you'd be better off with the Razer but it is probably not worth worrying about now that you already have the 518 and you're happy with it.

I'm not aware of this "prediction" you speak of. As far as I know, the MX518 and Deathadder are both amongst the best performing mice, with the Deathadder being slightly more accurate/responsive, but you have to be pretty sensitive to minute differences to be able to tell (it's a very very subtle difference, but it's there, you'll only really be able to tell if you're a low sensitivity gamer).

Both are great and perform well enough that the only real significant difference comes in ergonomics.

deathadder, mx518 is kinda fat for my taste.

but since you already got the mx518 keep it, its a fine mouse

Must be something new? The MX518 had a legendary reputation for being the most accurate mouse for years, only being beaten by the Deathadder when it came out. My MX518 definitely doesn't have anything funky going on.

Back