MX518 Polling Rate overclock?

Nicholars

Gawd
Is it safe to overclock the polling rate on MX518 to 500hz or maybe 250hz?

Does anyone have long term experience of successfully using one at these speeds? Or have you overclocked the polling rate and broken the mouse?

I like the G400 polling rate but much prefer the ergonomics of the MX518.... I want to overclock the MX518 then it would be the ideal mouse!

Any advice or tips on this would be appreciated.

It shouldn't have a significant detrimental side effects going to 500hz. I've used a WMO @ 500hz for quite a while (a year or so, in the past) without any apparent malfunctions. You do realize though, that the mx518 and g400 use the same shell and are therefore ergonomically identical, right? If it's a mental thing, that's fine, and I might suggest transplanting the internals of the g400 into the 518. I haven't seen it done but it should fit :)

Its not the shape its the materials it is made of.... The G400 is slippy and very uncomfortable for me whereas the MX518 has rubber grips and is easy to lift off the desk, It does seem they are a bit different shape but maybe that is jsut due to the materials / grip

Thanks, Do you have any guides how to do this safely with Win 7 64 bit?

Also can you do it for just one USB port or does it have to be for all USB ports on that controller?

http://www..com/news/15043-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-a.html

It's fairly easy, takes a couple of reboots though. My one warning would be that if you use Logitech drivers, you may have some trouble. I had Setpoint 6.32 installed for my Logitech G3 but as soon as I enabled test mode and rebooted, the drivers would never recognize the mouse again (the little tab that looks like a rook, for game configuration, etc.) If you have the side buttons or top buttons mapped to macros or some other function for a certain game, you may be SOL; unless that game lets you set those associations within the game itself.

It only affects the USB port that your mouse is plugged in to when you set the hidusbf, and it's only for that mouse. So if you plug it in to any other port you'll get 125hz, and if you plug a different mouse into the port that you overclocked, without using hidusbf on the new mouse, it will also be 125hz...hope that made sense :)

Back