• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

mx510 vs mx500

eddie500

Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
Messages
1,009
I just recently noticed that logitech put out a new version of the mx500, (the best mouse I've ever used) which had better specs then the mx500 and is specially designed for gaming.

Even though I"m a cheap Mo-FO, i"m thinking about shelling out the 50bucks for a new mx510!

But my question is has anyone used both the mx500 and mx510 and if so, is it noticable and worth the upgrade?
 
I saw it at best buy, didnt look bad... I think its just an engine upgrade
 
I just purchased the 510 and there really is no noticable difference. Well there is some but it isn't much. The biggest difference is the drivers. The 9.80s that currently only work with the 510 make both MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 respond correctly in UT2004 where the 9.79.1 wouldn't for me. I also tested and MOUSE4 but not MOUSE5 work in Quake3. Oh, and the mouse looks damn cool.
 
are they both 800dpi? or what how many pixels does it read and all that jazz I thought the 510 had dual optical.
 
the 510 has some boosted up specs, they are both 800DPI however. I don't thikn the 510 is dual potical.

Its like 5.8 megapixels for 510 vs like 4.9 for the 500,

also its 15g of accleration vs 10g on the 500. Thats about it, and the updated drivers.

I guess its only worth upgrading to the 510 from the 500 if your a competitve FPS gamer like myself, where even small differences matter, but for most people and games it probably does not even matter.
 
i always just used the windows drivers that work with IntellExplorer3.0a :D

Isnt the MX technology better than the Dual sensors or they come out with a better dual technology
 
They mostly updated is sample rate (75mhz vs 60mhz approximately...)

And If you use the default 5 button NS wheel mouse driver on XP like he said all the buttons work in all games, and the cruise control buttons work while the useless (or atleast neither my friends nor I use the stupid thing) program switching button doesn't work.

But I suppose 9.80s will be good for you freaks that gotta update your drivers every time no matter what. ;)

Peace.
 
The 510 does look cooler. But I guess I will stick to my mx700
 
Back
Top