• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MX510 issue - very slooow scrolling - help!!

bigweed

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
144
Hi, I have just bought a new system, as follows:
A64 3200+ retail
K8N NEO2 plat mobo
Geil Ultra X * 512 MB ram
36.7 GB Raptor 10K RPM
160GB Seagate Barracuda w/NCQ
MSI Geforce 6600GT AGP
Enermax Noisetaker 485W
Logitech MX510 and Logitech Media K/board
Thermaltake Tsunami case w/ 3 case fans
19" Iiyama Pro 454 monitor
NEC DVDRW 3520A
Mitsumi Floppy and multi card reader
Win XP Pro w/SP1

My issue is as follows. At the moment I am using a standard 15" monitor while the Iiyama gets here. Whenever I move a scroll bar down or up, everything moves in really slooow motion, about 1 line a second. The cursor icon also starts moving very slowly. Once the scrolling stops, everything is fine again.I have installed the latest MX510 drivers from the website, and it still does it. Can anyone help???

Many thanks

Bigweed
 
does it happen in every application (explorator, word, explorer)? also check the system usage while scrolling.. I woudn't be surprised if for some reason it would be 100%...
 
mine does that when i've formatted and dont have my video driver installed. Is your video driver installed?
 
yep, as Mick said. it's your video card driver. you probably have the vanilla vga driver in use.
 
Back
Top