MX510 incompatible with games?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
I read in reviews like MX510 is incompatible with some games like COD? Do that mean I can´t use the mouse at all in COD or that none of the buttons are working or what?

Is there more games it don´t work in?

no my friend uses his mx510 in cod... i dont' know why you wouldn't be able too.. and he has all his buttons programmed on the mouse as well.. i have an mx500 and it works as well

It was an IGN review that said the 510 required special software and it was incompatible with some games like COD while working fine in Far Cry, Painkiller etc.

Perhaps some old software issue that have been fixed I guess?

Some games don't pick up the side buttons. A lot do, but not all. You can map those buttons to a certain key for those games.

I had problems, not only in COD but Raven-Shield and a few others. I uinstalled the MouseWare and haven't installed it again. All my buttons work (besides the processes button) in games, when they didn't with the MouseWare. MX510 by the way.

Is the general consensus to NOT use mouseware? because I am wondering if it is what is causing me troubles....

Munka said:
Is the general consensus to NOT use mouseware? because I am wondering if it is what is causing me troubles....

do not use mouseware.

ShePearl said:
But you NEED mouseware to utilize 800dpi resolution of MX510.

really? that is interesting, is there any official info on that which you could link to?

If I remember this correctly. You need to use the drivers in order to utilize the 800dpi resolution. If not, it will use the windows default which is 400dpi. I'm not sure but I think there was a registry trick to enable the 800dpi but I will try to find the link.

I got sick and tired of the logitech mouseware, so I downloaded the microsoft mouseware for the intelimouse explorer. It works flawlessly with my MX300, it works in every game, and I find that you can assign more usefull tasks to the extra buttons, instead of task switch for the fourth button, it's now minimize to desktop.

I have not had a single problem with mouseware and my Mx510 in any games. Make sure you download the latest version.

okay so to make the MX510 as precise as my intellimouse 4.0 I need the mouseware?

oqvist said:
okay so to make the MX510 as precise as my intellimouse 4.0 I need the mouseware?

Ack, you called an intellimouse "precise"...

The Intellimouse 4.0 is a 800 dpi mouse ;). But I don´t like how it fits to my hand and the tilt wheel don´t work in 95 % of the games. The smooth scroll wheel is awesome for FS 2004 but not good for fps games.

The smooth scroll wheel SUCKS for FPS games. You can't feel the click, so you can't change weapons worth shit!:eek:
I had to sell my Intellimouse and get an Mx510, which I happen to like even more. Win Win baby :cool:

Yes that is what sucks about it though I am mostly playing single player games like Far Cry and other where it don´t matter so much. But try setting the course, heading or speed on the autopilots in FS 2004 and you start to adore the 4.0 scroll wheel. But that is about the only good thing about it. All buttons are missplaced, the scroll wheel requires a lot of power to press and it just is too small. I liked the 3.0 much better to be honest.

But the smooth scroll wheel have an awesome feel to it. Would be cool if they could add some electronic tic or something :). And the tilt wheel potential isn´t exploited in game as of yet sadly. And you can´t set the speed to scroll sideways which make it a pointless feature.

Many great ideas from Microsoft but badly executed. I really honestly hope and believe the MX510 is more like the Intellimouse 3.0

ShePearl said:
But you NEED mouseware to utilize 800dpi resolution of MX510.
Well shit, I have been using 400dpi the whole time I have had this mouse? Dammit.

Back