MX500 or MX 700?

tbonepat11

Limp Gawd
My Microsoft Mouse finally is starting to die after 3 years. I always hear so many great things about the Logitech MX mice. I was wondering if there is any performance difference between the MX500 and MX700? Being cordless is not that important to me so do you thing the $10 price difference (from newegg) is worth it? Thanks!!

No difference between the two mice in terms of performance. I just got my MX700 though, and it's great. I'd think it's worth it. One less wire on your desk.

There is a slight delay in the MX700 from its wireless RF signal. Alot of people say they dont notice it but i've seen plenty say they do if you move the mouse quickly enough, especially in FPS.

I would get the MX510 instead. Its better then both of them and looks a hell of alot sexier.

Before you get the MX700, ask yourself this:

Does the wires from the mouse get in my way? Do I mind having to remember to dock my mouse when not using it? Do I mind spending the extra $$$?

Then decide if you want wired or wireless. Otherwise they are the same!

Well I can't complain on the price of my MX700. I go the MXDuo for $20 :) Brand New from Best Buy... I love it when they mis label prices :)

The MX700 is also a bit heavier and might be cumbersome in FPS games if you're a serious player.

I vote for MX510, and this is the one time I would actually get the Best Buy warranty, cause you can screw them!!!!! One mouse foot wears off, go and get another mouse! I knew I guy that got the best buy warranty for a mouse and he got a new one every month, since usually you can see some wear if you use it enough after a month. Plus the 510 is sexy.

Unless you need wireless, I say go for the MX510 (new MX500).

Cheers,

Originally posted by theTIK
I vote for MX510, and this is the one time I would actually get the Best Buy warranty, cause you can screw them!!!!! One mouse foot wears off, go and get another mouse! I knew I guy that got the best buy warranty for a mouse and he got a new one every month, since usually you can see some wear if you use it enough after a month. Plus the 510 is sexy.

Will they pay for shipping and handleing to cash in on the warranty online or do you have to go in store? I dont have a Best Buy locally and i was considering buying the MX510 from there.

The MX700 is a bit heavier as well. Not a big problem though as it'll just take a couple of hours to get use to it.

If you want wireless, go with the MX700. If you are looking for a wired mouse, then take the MX500 or MX510. Performance of the mouse should not be an issue since lag is pretty much nonexistant in the MX line of mices.

actually its coincidental... i was just coming to talk about the cordless mx duo i just bought a few days ago, its pretty nice but ive been noticing (ALOT!!!) in fps that it wasnt doin very good, the buttons dont always work when i click them the mouse is kinda slow and jerky and sometimes when the button on the mouse does work, it acts as if im just holding the button down until i click it again to get it out of the loop... now ive only had it for... less than a week and its doing this, my friend got the dinovo keyboard/mouse and i believe its the same mouse (could be wrong) accept its blue tooth but it was working a hell of alot better in games (btw im talkin about mx700)

Just wondering, which microsoft mouse do you have and how is it dieing? A few months ago my 3 year old Intellimouse Optical kept on being detected then undetected. One day It got so bad, I just had to go and get a MX 500.

Personnaly I like the MX700. Depends if you want corded or wireless.

Originally posted by burningrave101
Will they pay for shipping and handleing to cash in on the warranty online or do you have to go in store? I dont have a Best Buy locally and i was considering buying the MX510 from there.

Needs to be in store, you just walk in and they replace it no right there. They scam a lot of people with those warranties since the items are already under warranty, but this is a way to make them pay some.

Thanks for all the replies. My Microsoft Mouse's right button is dying.....i have to literally push it really hard to get it to work. Kinda frustrating when trying to play UT 2004 =) Im still not sure...i seem to be getting a mixed bag here from you guys. I would get the corded cause cordless isnt that important but the MX 700 seems real nice. Aye decisions decisions!

microsoft will send you a replacement for free. if i remember right, they will ask you for a photocopy of the bottom of the mouse. they might also ask for a copy of the original box top but if you dont have it, they will still replace you mouse. then in about 1 week, there will be a brand new mouse at your door.

wow. Do all Microsoft mice have lifetime warrenties?? If so that is great. Do i just call microsoft or is there a special website to go to??

Originally posted by ewarz
microsoft will send you a replacement for free. if i remember right, they will ask you for a photocopy of the bottom of the mouse. they might also ask for a copy of the original box top but if you dont have it, they will still replace you mouse. then in about 1 week, there will be a brand new mouse at your door.

Seriously? I might just consider one of the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorers instead of the Logitech MX510 then if i can find a descent looking Microsoft Keyboard. Thats been the primary reason why i like Logitech more is cause of the keyboards. Microsoft keyboards seem to be all white and dull and i want a wired gray or black one.

only get the mx500 if you do gaming. other than that, the mx700 is much better. ive had both of them, when gaming, the mmx700 would lag a little. enuf to bother me at least. i switched to the mx500 after having the mx700.

Originally posted by burningrave101
Seriously? I might just consider one of the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorers instead of the Logitech MX510 then if i can find a descent looking Microsoft Keyboard. Thats been the primary reason why i like Logitech more is cause of the keyboards. Microsoft keyboards seem to be all white and dull and i want a wired gray or black one.

yeah, i dont have the 1-800 number handy but if you call them up, they will replace your mouse for free. i think they even replace damaged CD's and other small stuff.

Back