• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MX1000 ...side to side scroll (interesting)

bunta

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
203
I have been trying to tackle this problem since last night when i bought the MX1000. I am currently using the Dinovo keyboard. The USB one (non bluetooth version). Now the usb reciever picked up on the MX1000. No problems at all. Matter of fact, everything is flawless. No wires AT ALL..Just a USB reciever! It's awesome.

Back/forward button everybutton works. App button works. Fast scroll works. Love the mouse BUT the G*dD*mn side to side scroll will not work. That was actually the main reason i bought the freakin' mouse!

I know its not a hardware defect because it works when i have both recievers on the computer. I dont wnat to explain what i did, but bottom line is the mouse is capable of doing it just not when its sharing the reciever.

Any ideas why? Software conflict, signal conflict?? Installation sequence?? Perhaps there should be a sequence??? there has to be away. I know somebody on this forum that has it all working flawlessly together. We have been exchanging TMs. So yes it CAN be done!

It doesnt make any sense though..How would everything else work so good EXCEPT for the damn side to side scroll. Shouldnt it be one of the most basic mouse functions and it should work just like the up/down (not the fast scroll) scroll right out the box??? :confused: :mad:

Believe me when i say, i have installed and reinstalled and rebooted about 15 times with all different sequences, connecting, removing signals and alllllllll that stuff..
 
Just a guess, but under the mouse settings, I think it should be set to Autoscroll (MS Office compatible)

At least that's how it is on my MX310, which doesnt have a side to side scroller
 
Talonz said:
Just a guess, but under the mouse settings, I think it should be set to Autoscroll (MS Office compatible)

At least that's how it is on my MX310, which doesnt have a side to side scroller

Are you talking about under the Control Panel or the SetPoint software?? Where exactly is this setting??
 
In the mouse properties in the control panel.

I think it's definately a software problem.
 
Talonz said:
In the mouse properties in the control panel.

I think it's definately a software problem.


Autoscroll??? Where did you find "Autoscroll" in the Mouse Properties?? :confused: Could it be that option is in there because of your mouse?
 
bunta said:
Autoscroll??? Where did you find "Autoscroll" in the Mouse Properties?? :confused: Could it be that option is in there because of your mouse?

Yea probably.. but I can't think of anything else.
 
bunta said:
I have been trying to tackle this problem since last night when i bought the MX1000. I am currently using the Dinovo keyboard. The USB one (non bluetooth version). Now the usb reciever picked up on the MX1000. No problems at all. Matter of fact, everything is flawless. No wires AT ALL..Just a USB reciever! It's awesome.

Back/forward button everybutton works. App button works. Fast scroll works. Love the mouse BUT the G*dD*mn side to side scroll will not work. That was actually the main reason i bought the freakin' mouse!

I know its not a hardware defect because it works when i have both recievers on the computer. I dont wnat to explain what i did, but bottom line is the mouse is capable of doing it just not when its sharing the reciever.

Any ideas why? Software conflict, signal conflict?? Installation sequence?? Perhaps there should be a sequence??? there has to be away. I know somebody on this forum that has it all working flawlessly together. We have been exchanging TMs. So yes it CAN be done!

It doesnt make any sense though..How would everything else work so good EXCEPT for the damn side to side scroll. Shouldnt it be one of the most basic mouse functions and it should work just like the up/down (not the fast scroll) scroll right out the box??? :confused: :mad:

Believe me when i say, i have installed and reinstalled and rebooted about 15 times with all different sequences, connecting, removing signals and alllllllll that stuff..


Don't get upset but are you sure you installed the Logitech Mouse software ?
 
Isnt the reciever for the dinovo desktop for an mx700? That would explain it, cos my mx700 works on my mates mx1000 reciever, but obviously it doesnt have a sidescroll feature, maybe the reciever doesnt include it either?
 
msny said:
Don't get upset but are you sure you installed the Logitech Mouse software ?

Definitely make sure the Logitech software is installed or it won't work.
 
Herulach said:
Isnt the reciever for the dinovo desktop for an mx700? That would explain it, cos my mx700 works on my mates mx1000 reciever, but obviously it doesnt have a sidescroll feature, maybe the reciever doesnt include it either?

The MX1000 will work with the MX700's receiver. This is confirmed straight from Logitech.

I think the problem here is that SetPoint isn't installed.
 
I know, ive just tried it with my housemates because hes receiver has gone up the spout, wasnt realy paying much attention but it gave me a pop up box with several options about the scrolling. Try reconnecting, if you can get the box to pop up the offending selection may be in there.
 
Believe me...i have installed and reinstalled the software...installed reinstalled rebooted over 15 times...Ive tried installing just the "mouse software" and then "keyboard and mouse software" and tried them multiple times with differnet software versions back and back...back and forth - the ones that came with the mouse, the dinovo, and the absolute latest one from Logitech whcih is 2.22.124.

Remember when i said, i know one other person that has the exact combo who has it working ???? yeaaa ummm, he lied !!! :mad: He still had the MX1000 reciever plugged in along with dinovo USB receiver and didnt realize it. And he is having the same exact problems like i do right now - no side to side scroll. Ive tried doing the same thing (both recievers hooked up) and it worked but there were some slight glitches - like the mouse would jump a tad and sort off unaccurate sometimes... My guess is the signal collision or soemhting or i have them too near each other (probably too near as they were like 4 inches away from each other....Either way, i dont wnat to have two dif. recievers.

But it still doenst not make any sense at all when the SIDE to SIDE SCROLL doesnt work and EVERYTHING ELSE does. I could understand if the back and forward and application button doenst work. BUT THE SIDE SCROLL?? that should be a standard by now. :mad:
 
What other good mouse that you guys know off that either Microsoft or Logitech makes that has a USB reciever so there would be NO WIRES AT ALL. Thats the whole reason i got the USB dinovo. I plugged the USB straight into the USB port on the comp rather than using the supplied USB extension base.

If i can a mouse that works right off just a USB reciever that i can plug into a USB port let me know. I know there was a logitech media (blue and grey) one ..I tested it..works pretty good but its no MX1000. The feel of the media mouse is weird..
 
Whats wrong with having both recievers plugged in? I imagine the jumping around is because they are both picking up the same signal, so just set the dinovo reciever on channel 1, and the mouse and its reciever on channel 2. By side scroll do you mean the wobbling the mmousewheel side to side function? Or the buttons on the side?
 
Herulach said:
Whats wrong with having both recievers plugged in? I imagine the jumping around is because they are both picking up the same signal, so just set the dinovo reciever on channel 1, and the mouse and its reciever on channel 2. By side scroll do you mean the wobbling the mmousewheel side to side function? Or the buttons on the side?

I dont like having recievers on my desktop because i like the clean look. The less visible wires, the better. It's just my preference.

How do you set the signal's?? I never knew you could manually set the channels for recievers.

By side scroll, i mean the "left to right" scroll on the scroll wheel.
 
Mine just cycles through them when you connect it. Belive the buttons labelled reset on the mx100, dont know about the dinovo. Why do both receivers need to be on your desk? Mine is sat in the cable run under the back of the desk becasue i havent got room for the power adaptor, so its no good for charging anyway.
 
Back
Top