• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MX1000 and Firefox

Buch

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
332
Just bought a MX1000 and I'm not able to get the 'back' and 'forward' buttons to work in mozilla firefox. (annoys the hell out of me)
It works fine in internet explorer however...
I also have an mx310 hooked up that works fine in firefox...
any suggestions? it's so damn annoying.
 
oh man I wish i could help because I am an avid firefox user and am planning on getting that same mouse for christmas... Have you checked to make sure Logitech hasnt updated drivers or soemthin?
 
Set the back button to backspace, and the forward button to shift+backspace. I had to do the same thing with my MX1000
 
i've heard mixed reviews about the mouse also... lots of bad.. some good... but either way this problem sounds like an easy fix.
 
3l3m3nt said:
i've heard mixed reviews about the mouse also... lots of bad.. some good... but either way this problem sounds like an easy fix.
what have you heard bad? Im using it at the moment (just bought it) and haven't noticed anything negative.
 
He's probably talking about when you lift up the mouse, then set it back down there's a small delay before it starts tracking your movements again. Mine does this, but it seems you have to lift the mouse fairly high (at least for me) to have it do this.
 
3l3m3nt said:
i've heard mixed reviews about the mouse also... lots of bad.. some good... but either way this problem sounds like an easy fix.

thats more like mostly all good,, with some saying some negative things about it. Itd be hard to find a review that rated the MX1000 negatively overall
 
CreamySoupUSA said:
He's probably talking about when you lift up the mouse, then set it back down there's a small delay before it starts tracking your movements again.
oo... just noticed that myself... that is pretty annoying... and it doesn't feel quite right in my hand... nothing like the mx700 anyways... oh well, it's not my gaming mouse, so I'll get used to it.
I had it working on firefox, but restarted, and now it doesn't work, so I guess it's some kind of driver screw up... I dunno.
it also does not keep my settings, like the scroll wheel goes back to 3lines instead of 6 like I had it everytime I reboot.
guess I'll just clean out the driver and start over
 
bleh I guess the software the mx1000 uses just doesn't work with mozilla...
the windows default driver works fine :)
 
I have a MX1000 and had this problem. You have to set the software to use the generic windows button, not logitechs special back/forward buttons. The option is in there, though possible worded a little differently. I actually switched to intellipoint software to use accelerated scrolling and my kvm though.
 
brentcohen said:
I have a MX1000 and had this problem. You have to set the software to use the generic windows button, not logitechs special back/forward buttons. The option is in there, though possible worded a little differently. I actually switched to intellipoint software to use accelerated scrolling and my kvm though.



He's right. Set the Back and Forward buttons to Generic Button. Then it'll work fine.
 
Back
Top