MX Duo 59.99 Free 2nd Day Air

Cant remember where, mighta been target, but I saw an in store deal for the same price. I woulda bought it cause my left click on my MX500 was really funky and pissing my off. A couple hard beats against the desk fixed it good though. So no MX duo for me! Instead I picked up a wireless Logitech Xbox controller for $35 at target!

Yeah, someone told me Sams club, but I'm not a member and I don't think I want to pay for membership for 1 item. :(

thanks. I just bought one for my girlfriend.....and my mom just bought one for dad.

damned good deal!

I got one and was playing havok with my system - media player would flip through my play list like crazy - my screen saver will not work - other small weird issues that I could not figure out until I pulled the batteries and pluged in a regular old ps2 KB - all my issues went away!

Mouse is awesome - KB is POS.

Don't know about the price in Sams but I think they will give you a free trial one day membership if you ask.

If you are a very good online gamer playing comeptitve games, dont buy this mouse as it lags - noticably by most good gamers. It has to do with the refresh rate at which the mouse sends info to the computer - not the actual percision of the mouse.

You have been warned.

I have never been a fan of wireless mice/keyboards, mostly becuase i can notice lag on the mouse with every mouse i have tried. To much lag for me to justify to dish out the $$ for one. Not only that, but using a corded mouse over the years, i have come to hone my skills in accordance with the friction the cord applies to the movement of the mouse. With out the cord, i feel as though im not as accurate.

I have to agree with wilkinru and Z3Px. I was mislead by a 9/10 award given to the MX700 cordless mouse by maximumpc, where they stated that you could not tell the difference between a corded and this cordless mouse. Well I can tell very much so. Lag is still there and response is not 100% accurate as it is in a good corded mouse :(

If you are worried about lag, you should try the logitech bluetooth setup. I can't tell the difference between wired and wireless on those...

I have the Logitech mx900 and absolutely NO lag whatsoever. I am an avid FPS gamer (I play AAO) and carry a frag rate of about 3 on AAO, which is VERY good. Lag? none. Have I played with a wired mouse? no, so I can't really compare, but I can't imagine having less lag than NONE. :D

anyhow, I can't say I notice any lag with the cheap wired optical mouse that came with my logitech ergo keyboard either, tho I can't game with it because it is highly innaccurate. The MX mouse is much better.

I bought the MX 700 and had issues with it in games. I was confused because some people would swear that it did not lag, and others stated they hated it. In general it just felt strange when I played Counter-strike - not so sure about other games.

I uninstalled the Logitech Mouseware and my issues when away immediately - it now feels like any other mouse I've had and I've gotten use to it again. The downside is that the extra buttons cannot be mapped and the application switcher doesn't work (I didn't find that button easy to reach anyway)

Now I love it. So if you're having problems like this with your mx 700, try that out.

I went from a logitech corded optical mouse to the MX Duo and if there's lag then you must have some sixth sense to detect it that I don't. I game and this thing works wonders. IF (and that's a big if) there is lag then it's so insignificant that the added freedom and portability is worth the "trouble." Plus any difference can be negated by a little bit of retraining in game. Sure you might get less frags for the first week but you'll be right on track the next week (as with any mouse you're unfamiliar with - cordless or not).

In regards to what RawsonDR said I should note that I don't use any logitech software. I just let XP detect it. For the record I use the PS/2 ports and not the USB.

Logitec = my buttons are broke, games hate my mouse, LAG.

MS cordless explorer = 4 months of HEAVY use on a 2 AAs, lag? never heard of it, buttons work for ever, can throw across room every day for 3 years and never kill it, my games love my mouse.

Ive held one in each hand at work. An mx700 and the new explorer, and their is a noticalbe difference in the "FEEL" of the quality. The MS just feels sturdier.

I was at my local Sam's yesterday and I didn't see any MX Duo's, but they had the model under it though for like $60 bucks and the MX1000 for $68.99. Not a very good price on either one..

I don't have any lag from my MX700 in games or at least I can't notice any), I have had it for about 9 months now and love it. But I have heard the same from others about the lag. I have MouseSkates and a Everglide Mouse pad and it seems to be very responsive

Hoping to get a MX1000, any one tried one of these gaming yet? Good/Bad/No Diff.?

thanks for the replies on info about product, will try the cd drivers for a day and without. at least I'll know how to fix it :)

I have an MX300 (individual mouse) and a MX Duo setup, and they both work fine, as long as I don't use the Logitech software. As soon as I install that stuff, something goes horribly wrong. The cursor randomly starts jumping around for a few seconds at a time, and then settles down again, and sometimes it forgets which direction it's going, and starts going somewhere else (ie. I'm moving the mouse left and watching the cursor go UP my screen). And it's not just in games, it's really obvious in Windows as well. Uninstalling doesn't seem to fix the issue. If you install the software, be prepared for a format and reinstall. I've seen the same problem from both my mice (wired and wireless).

there is lag on cordless optical mice. and it is noticable. but i have found out why.

its not an issue of delay from mouse to pc. it is an issue of the laser being sensative enough to go out of the damn power saving dim modes. a really good mouse pad resolves this lag.

i have the generation before the mx, and a nice optical ms mouse. a brand new mouse pad made the older generation perform without lag like the corded optical mouse.

my old mouse pads were a all black fellows pad and another blue one. both felt the lag.
my new mouse pad is http://www.allsop.com/product.asp?cid=0&p=28235

with this new mouse pad, typing on my kb on the same desk even causes my mouse to move, beautiful sensativity now.

I'm an avid gamer, and myself and my buddies at work who game with me all have MX700's. They don't lag at all for us. We've tried numerous mice, and the MX700 was the first that didn't lag. Between myself and 5 gaming co-workers, I think we own like 12 MX700's. And some of us have the MX Duo with keyboard, and I've had zero issues with mine. I'm thinking of scoring one of these to hook the wife's PC up with...

Has anyone considered the possibility that mouse lag could be due to radio interference. Some people swear by their wireless mice. Some say it lags... Remember that wireless mice use a certain radio frequency and like any radio frequency it is susceptible to interference. Maybe something around the mouse is causing you problems!!!

Think about it!

IF (and that's a big if) there is lag then it's so insignificant that the added freedom and portability is worth the "trouble."

Hmmm...

No.

-J.

I have one that works fine. My mom has one, also works fine.

I have to agree that if you are having trouble, it is user error. I use the full logitech suite. Actually, I have 2 seperate sets of logitech software running, Mouseware and Setpoint.

no lag.

Back