Cooling Fan Space
Front: 1 x 120/80mm ; Rear: 1 × 120mm
Expansion Slot
Power Supply
Optional standard PS2 (ATX)
Dimension
200 mm (W) x 415 mm (H) x 410 mm (D)

From Mwave's newsletter:

SkyHawk BAX4661 Aluminum Mid-Tower Case (No P/S)

fluke420 said:
EDIT: Maybe not. Add the case to my shopping cart and said it was 21 bux and 20 bux for shipping.

Did you de-select the $12 PSU option?

Like the other thread from the past, it's BYO120 ... That still cracks me up

QuimZ said:
Like the other thread from the past, it's BYO120 ... That still cracks me up

LOL :D

Yeah for under $20 shipped, I don't expect very much...just a naked case ;)

I almost snagged 2 of these, but it would have cost me $20 in shipping for each case, slowest shipping came to $41 to Ohio for 2.

At least it isn't as ugly as the others they normally put up, I kinda remember some spider-man rip-off case, one of the last times.

Holy crap, shipping is 200% the cost of the item to my zip... I remember I got an Antec SLK1650 for $35 to my door about six months ago.

Besides fluke's post, anyone else run accross a review or site that has detailed pictures of this case's internal structure?

I ordered one, will let you know how it is when I get it.

This is for my friend, she's buying my current (soon to be retired)system, and she needs it cheap as can be......as long as I can get it to work, she'll be happy and won't know the difference.

Pfft...... 20.50 for shipping....... my ass!

If I wanted to take it in the rear for shipping I would buy on eBay.

The cheapest bare case at newegg is $34 shipped...

I guess being closer to the calif. warehouse helped me. For $19 shipped I couldn't pass it up. Locally, no one has this kind of deal. It's $40+ for a crap case with a crap PSU...

kleptophobiac said:
Holy crap, shipping is 200% the cost of the item to my zip... I remember I got an Antec SLK1650 for $35 to my door about six months ago.

WHere did you get the Antec???

Thanks - $18.33 shipped to San Diego :D.
I was just wondering what to do with my spare PSU :cool: .

freakycody said:
WHere did you get the Antec???

It was a deal posted on this forum... I think it was from Outpost. They had it down to $50 shipped, and there was a $15 rebate to antec (which I actually got).

Yeah...speaking of Antec...I used to pick up the SLK1600's at the local CompUSA, bare case for $24.99, but they don't carry them anymore :(

My case came today...I'll open it tonight or tomorrow and post my findings.

And it's not Aluminum.....if you go to the manufacturer's website, it's listed as a steel case.......but still not too bad of a bargain if you need a case for a quick build.

HighwayAssassins said:
that thing must be a piece of shit!!

$9 for a case? I know better. you get what you pay for.

Well my case just came in today....and not it's not a piece of shit!! My expectations were pretty low, but since it was for a friend, trying to save her some cash I figured any hassle I had with the case would be worth it, but there was only one hassle (front bezel), which wasen't that bad.

So the good:

- 120mm Intake and Exhaust vents, and the holes are actually large enough that dremeling
them out isn't necessary. However only the front is setup for an 80 mm fan as well, no biggie all I
needed was four washers to mount an 80mm in the exhaust.

- Virtually no sharp edges, only sharp edges that existed were around the cutout for the
power supply, every other edge is rolled over itself

- Front usb, mic, headphones jacks....connectors all labeled clearly.

- Side panel has a vent in it, with an adjustable length tunnel on the inside so the cpu fan
can pull fresh air from the outside of the case. Lined up perfectly with my cpu fan.

- Covers for the pci slots....actually screw off!!

- Right Side panel is removable, the motherboard tray is lifted away from that panel
allowing space to hide power supply wires and IDE cable.

- Overall finish looks great! Glossy, smooth...no scratches

- Every hole I needed to use in the case for mounting the drives, mobo, power supply lined
up perfect!

- Came with a LARGE assortment of screws...probably could have put together two cases.

For the bad:

- This is steel....a very thin steel....the case is light but the front and back panels are very
flimsy, however when the case is sealed up....it's feels very sturdy.

- Have to unscrew the side panels to remove them, no thumbscrews.

- Intake fan size is great, however the front bezel has no holes in it for air to come into the
case.

- Front bezel is held onto the case by 6 screws, a hassle to take off...but took maybe an
extra 5 min.

- Front bezel plexi has some blemishies in it, I might be able to get them out, not sure if
its some type of glue or if it's scratches.

- CD/DVD drive covers come loose pretty easily.....couple pieces of tape on the inside
took care of it. Also, all 4 covers came with the case if you are looking for the stealth
look.

Overall I'm fairly impressed with this $9 case. It was just the bare case. If you are looking for a cheap case for builds I'd recommend it. My roomy just saw it and is pissed I didn't tell him about it.

Paully's5.0 said:
Overall I'm fairly impressed with this $9 case. It was just the bare case. If you are looking for a cheap case for builds I'd recommend it. My roomy just saw it and is pissed I didn't tell him about it.

Same here (I forgot to post my findings...woops)...alot more than I would have expected for a $9 case.

Back