MW2 HUD scaled incorrectly 1680

StRiFeXD

Weaksauce
Is anyone else having this problems?

In multiplayer, my HUD seems to be cut off on the right because i cannot see the end of my experience bar (it extends past the ride edge of my monitor). I've tried messing around with the aspect ratio setting but nothing is working =(

I can post a screeny later, but I'm on school campus right now.

here's a screenshot, note the bottom right corner where the experience bar is cut off. When I reach the end of the screen, I actually have about 3 more bars to go before level up (verified after end of match screen)

Last edited:
it looks fine on my monitor at 1920x1080. it's been a while since i've owned a nvidia card, but i think there's a scaling setting in the control panel that might affect this. do you notice it in any other games?

YES u fixed it for me. i went to nvidia control panel and in the scaling tab i put nvidia scaling instead of panel scaling. that took care of my black lines on the side.

no problems in any other games. Everything else is rendered fine.. just the 2D HUD a little weird =\ ... I'd assume my panel scaling options wouldn't matter since I am playing at my native resolution?

Playing here at 1680 with no problems. I think there is an option to select aspect ratio, in addition to resolution.

YES u fixed it for me. i went to nvidia control panel and in the scaling tab i put nvidia scaling instead of panel scaling. that took care of my black lines on the side.

Black lines correct the aspect ratio. You have something set wrong. or are trying to play a 1650x1080 res on a 16:9 monitor. In nvidia control panel you should have it set to Fixed Aspect Ratio option.

wouldn't it be weird that I dont actually level up when the yellow bar reaches the edge of the screen tho? and that I need to technically get 3 more bars worth of experience before I actually level up?

Just looked at the game, it's supposed to look that way. I guess it was designed around 16:9 setups.

this is what it looks like at 16:9 (1920x1080). my screenshot shows 10 bars, yours shows 9 and a sliver of the 10th bar. hopefully they'll fix this with a patch.

iw4mp2009-12-0316-51-54-63.jpg

Back