• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

mw2 free weekend? LOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
24
seriously did anyone else laugh their ass off the second they saw this on steam? not only will this let people who haven't bought mw2 yet to validate its suckyness but it'll be full of hackers even MORE then usual making them think its even worse.... at least I laughed really hard...
 
This is the way the game should have been released back in November, FREE! I want my money back...
 
the problem comes to...name one computer fps that isn't hacked.

hell even the ps3 mw2 is hacked. for the most part, I don't see many if at all hackers on the xbox
 
the problem comes to...name one computer fps that isn't hacked.

hell even the ps3 mw2 is hacked. for the most part, I don't see many if at all hackers on the xbox

The 360 version is hacked just as much if not more than the PC and PS3 versions.

I can also say that i have had far more problems with hackers/cheaters on xbox live games than any PC game i can even think of.
 
The 360 version is hacked just as much if not more than the PC and PS3 versions.

I can also say that i have had far more problems with hackers/cheaters on xbox live games than any PC game i can even think of.

do you have proof, i have logged around 10days on the game and i RARELY see hacking, and the game has been hack free since the March patch. Have you even played MW2 on 360? if you don't you do not know what you're talking about.i can't speak for ps3 or PC, i do not know if they are or are not hacked, but from the 10days i have seen minimal hacking, 95% was before the second patch. But really it isn't even hacking, it's glitching which is bad but not nearly as bad as the hacking seen in games such as CS:S. and i know, "in CS you can vote to kick and they're gone" well on xbox we never had that feature or those hacks. Im sorry the game sucks on PC but CS sucked on xbox... thats just how it goes. With that said you do not have to go around saying the game sucks on every system because it sucks on yours.

These are the Hacks/Glitches

-Javelin Glitch: FIXED 1st patch
-Care Package Glitch and EAD glitch: Patched (took two times to get it right the first just made it harder to do)
-Care Package Speed Exploit: Patched, (not even a glitch, just changed it for balance)
-Elevator Glitch: FIXED March patch (with this glitch, i have never been killed by anyone using it, and for someone that logged 10days and never been killed by it, i would say it's not a problem)
-Akimbo 1887 range EXPLOIT: Patched (wasn't even a glitch but people bitched about it)


-Color Name tags: The only hack that remains, and it doesn't effect gameplay at all, its simply coloring a name tag.
 
do you have proof, i have logged around 10days on the game and i RARELY see hacking, and the game has been hack free since the March patch. Have you even played MW2 on 360? if you don't you do not know what you're talking about.i can't speak for ps3 or PC, i do not know if they are or are not hacked, but from the 10days i have seen minimal hacking, 95% was before the second patch. But really it isn't even hacking, it's glitching which is bad but not nearly as bad as the hacking seen in games such as CS:S. and i know, "in CS you can vote to kick and they're gone" well on xbox we never had that feature or those hacks. Im sorry the game sucks on PC but CS sucked on xbox... thats just how it goes. With that said you do not have to go around saying the game sucks on every system because it sucks on yours.

These are the Hacks/Glitches

-Javelin Glitch: FIXED 1st patch
-Care Package Glitch and EAD glitch: Patched (took two times to get it right the first just made it harder to do)
-Care Package Speed Exploit: Patched, (not even a glitch, just changed it for balance)
-Elevator Glitch: FIXED March patch (with this glitch, i have never been killed by anyone using it, and for someone that logged 10days and never been killed by it, i would say it's not a problem)
-Akimbo 1887 range EXPLOIT: Patched (wasn't even a glitch but people bitched about it)


-Color Name tags: The only hack that remains, and it doesn't effect gameplay at all, its simply coloring a name tag.

Did you really just ask me for proof about hackers in the 360 version of MW2?

I dont care if you logged eleventybillion hours in the game you have run across hackers/cheaters just because YOU dont know they are hacking or cheating dont mean they magically dont exist.

You want proof then google or go look at the thousands of videos of people hacking on MW2 for the 360...

I also hate to break it to you but you clearly dont even know about half of the hacks for mw2 on the 360. If you honestly think that list covers them all then you need to google and quit arguing.
 
such a noob comment rofl.

No FPS should be played on a console.. esp online.. mouse/kb vs gamepad is like night and day.

you are just trolling now.

Did you really just ask me for proof about hackers in the 360 version of MW2?

I dont care if you logged eleventybillion hours in the game you have run across hackers/cheaters just because YOU dont know they are hacking or cheating dont mean they magically dont exist.

You want proof then google or go look at the thousands of videos of people hacking on MW2 for the 360...

I also hate to break it to you but you clearly dont even know about half of the hacks for mw2 on the 360. If you honestly think that list covers them all then you need to google and quit arguing.

Post Patch Links??
 
-Javelin Glitch: FIXED 1st patch
-Care Package Glitch and EAD glitch: Patched (took two times to get it right the first just made it harder to do)
-Care Package Speed Exploit: Patched, (not even a glitch, just changed it for balance)
-Elevator Glitch: FIXED March patch (with this glitch, i have never been killed by anyone using it, and for someone that logged 10days and never been killed by it, i would say it's not a problem)
-Akimbo 1887 range EXPLOIT: Patched (wasn't even a glitch but people bitched about it)


-Color Name tags: The only hack that remains, and it doesn't effect gameplay at all, its simply coloring a name tag.

http://www.xblhackers.com/forum/modern-warfare-2/5297-new-care-package-glitch.html

Posted 2 weeks ago, new care package glitch.
 
such a noob comment rofl.

No FPS should be played on a console.. esp online..

I played MW2 on PS3 online, know why?

Because I was able to borrow it off a friend for free, played it for 2 weeks, got bored, and gave it back to him without spending a dime. Good luck doing that on Steam.
 
I played MW2 on PS3 online, know why?

Because I was able to borrow it off a friend for free, played it for 2 weeks, got bored, and gave it back to him without spending a dime. Good luck doing that on Steam.

But that's exactly what they are letting you do on Steam this weekend.

Anyway, as long as there aren't too many noob hackers, this should be fun. Plenty of noobs to pwn :D
 
But that's exactly what they are letting you do on Steam this weekend.

Only for 3 days! I'd have been interested in this free weekend close to launch. Right now, and after having played on PSN for a bit, I don't see BC2 losing out.
 
The game is decent, but nothing really compared to cs or battlefield.

I bought the game from amazon for 40 the day it came out, sold it for 40 about 2 months ago. Javelin glitch was fun lol
 
Did you really just ask me for proof about hackers in the 360 version of MW2?

I dont care if you logged eleventybillion hours in the game you have run across hackers/cheaters just because YOU dont know they are hacking or cheating dont mean they magically dont exist.

You want proof then google or go look at the thousands of videos of people hacking on MW2 for the 360...

I also hate to break it to you but you clearly dont even know about half of the hacks for mw2 on the 360. If you honestly think that list covers them all then you need to google and quit arguing.

don't worry, i believe you, but for fun and profit, post links to all the youtube videos

empirical proof!

I love fanboys, they sound as delusional as a RL friend I have who plays MW2, he's puzzled that I won't play it, he even intentionally left his copy of MW2 for PS3 at my house and I didn't even bother cracking open the case except to confirm the game disc was in the case (he had been playing it on my ps3 while visiting).

I love people who are willfully blind, no sense in arguing with them
 
don't worry, i believe you, but for fun and profit, post links to all the youtube videos

empirical proof!

I love fanboys, they sound as delusional as a RL friend I have who plays MW2, he's puzzled that I won't play it, he even intentionally left his copy of MW2 for PS3 at my house and I didn't even bother cracking open the case except to confirm the game disc was in the case (he had been playing it on my ps3 while visiting).

I love people who are willfully blind, no sense in arguing with them

You're the one who sounds like a fanboy. You refuse to play the game and make comments about people who are willfully blind? :rolleyes:
 
You're the one who sounds like a fanboy. You refuse to play the game and make comments about people who are willfully blind? :rolleyes:

derr, have you not seen the MW1 vs MW2 flow chart a thousand times?
 
Evangelizing the truth isn't trolling, it's making our members better informed
 
I wonder how meny brand new steam accounts will be started just to play mw2 and just for hacking...

there is going to be alot of rage
 
Last edited:
Have you even tried the multiplayer component? Not many games can keep my attention, MW2's team deathmatch has me hooked and I've been playing almost daily for at least an hour. Dont mock it until you try it.
 
with what? happy thoughts?

IW said that IWnet was designed to keep out the hackers, the modders, the tuners, those sort.

The IW head honchos said that in an interview, I fully believe them, even if evidence out there might "prove" otherwise.
 
IW said that IWnet was designed to keep out the hackers, the modders, the tuners, those sort.

The IW head honchos said that in an interview, I fully believe them, even if evidence out there might "prove" otherwise.

k when that happens let me know. till then it sounds like wishful thinking
 
Yeah, I guess you're right, I'm a troll for not liking a game and not being afraid to go against the status quo on here about MW2
 
I have this game for the PS3 but not for the PC. Free multiplayer weekend, I'll check it out. I'd probably aim a hell of a lot better with a K&M combo then a PS3 controller.
 
This is for the MP side only, right?

I might grab it if I can try the SP free...

Meh, MP only, nevermind...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top