MW2 DLC Comig This Week!!!

deweatherly

Supreme [H]ardness
For those still plaing MW2, might find this interesting.
This is from Robert Bowling (Fourzerotwo) via Twitter

...annnd we JUST hit 25 MILLION unique players on Modern Warfare 2. Insanity! Also, got a lot of #MW2 DLC details coming this week! FINALLY!
about 11 hours ago via web

Modern Warfare 2 DLC Details To Be Announced
By DillonPublished: March 8, 2010
Tags: DLC, Download Content, infinity ward, Leak, Modern Warfare 2
Over on his Twitter account fourzerotwo, Robert Bowling Creative Director at Infinity Ward announced that Modern Warfare 2, finally hit 25 million unique players across all platforms. He also threw in that indeed, DLC details will be released sometime this week. This was also his first tweet in six days, since the firing of Vince Zampella and Jason West.

This is not really surprising since early last week, a leak was posted containing pictures of the new maps loading screens and in-game shots.

Below is a video containing the screenshots of the upcoming DLC.
Link
http://abstract360.com/2010/03/mode...ed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

*Update 3, found this on xbox forums

Name: Stimulus Package AKA Spring DLC

Release: March 30th

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Stimulus_Package

There are six maps in total in the map pack. The first three maps are from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, while the other three are new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBVTS...yer_embed ded

* Crash
* Overgrown
* Shipment
* Complex
* Compact
* Storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whtBbwUSKmQ&NR=1

Challenges, Titles and Emblems

It is currently unknown what Challenges, Titles, and Emblems there are, only how many of each. There are 20 new Challenges, 10 Titles, and 10 Emblems.

Perks

Perks are going to be added in the map pack. The first two are new, while the third is from previous games.

* Quickhands (allows the player to switch weapons faster)
* Heterochromaniac (allows the player to toggle thermal vision)
* Overkill (allows the player to equip two primary weapons.)

Weapons

There are three new weapons to be added in the map pack.

* Dragunov - A semi-automatic sniper rifle.
* Skorpion - A submachine gun
* Unknown weapon

Special Ops

There are five new Spec Ops missions in the new section, "Foxtrot".

*update
MARCH 30TH IS THE CONFIRMED DATE via twitter @fourzerotwo

*update 2:
http://www.iga-home.net/forum/Blah.pl?m-1268433747.82192/
leaked footage of DLC maps

Last edited:
Interesting timing, no? Something better comes along, and all of a sudden Modern Warfail 2 DLC is on its way. :rolleyes:

Lol @ 25 million unique players. I have a feeling multiple accounts on the ps3 play a part on that. Also, this map pack won't help this game any better unless they add in dedicated servers.

Lol @ 25 million unique players. I have a feeling multiple accounts on the ps3 play a part on that. Also, this map pack won't help this game any better unless they add in dedicated servers.

Yeah i bet so too, with all the fucking hacking going on right now, it's ridiculous on the PS3 version.

Just say no, they aren't even paying the guys who headed Infinity Ward's studios the royalties they are owed for making MW 2

Yeah i bet so too, with all the fucking hacking going on right now, it's ridiculous on the PS3 version.

Really? I haven't seen any that I've known of I play mostly team deathmatch and some domination. What kind of hacks are being used on the ps3?

Details are coming this week..it does not say the content is being released this week.

Details are coming this week..it does not say the content is being released this week.

Translation...Crap we gotta do something to keep em on the hook. Here's this announcement to keep you waiting while we pull something out of our asses.

As much as I like MW2. (I know, I know.) I don't think I'll pay for any additional content unless it just turns out to be freaking awesome or something.

I enjoyed the single player campaign as well as the multiplayer. That being said, I'm not sure there could be any DLC that I would pay for.

I enjoyed the single player campaign as well as the multiplayer. That being said, I'm not sure there could be any DLC that I would pay for.

Basically my thoughts as well. For me MW2 doesn't have the MP staying power that MW1 had.

i agree, i dont care what it is im buying it... i hope its good but i will buy it as soon as its available

Ok, i know i said like 100 different dates but FOURZEROTWO just confirmed via twitter

DLC IS COMING MARCH 30th
there it is

Well that sucks, you pay $59 with only a few maps, think it's like 4, plus another $9 for a few more, where as in MW $49 at lunch you had around 6 maps then after patch 1.4 2 more maps "free" 8 maps total i think.

Correct me if figures are wrong.

Last edited:
Piss on their paid DLC until they fix their broken ass game. I find their 'mapathy' ad insulting as well. Like it's saying "hey half the maps suck and we're acknowledging it, so give us more money for some shit you like from our other, better game"

I'll be giving any money DICE wants from me to them for BC2, I've already enjoyed that game more in a week than I have the 4 months MW2 has been out.

Basically my thoughts as well. For me MW2 doesn't have the MP staying power that MW1 had.

The cheating, hacking and untended exploits going on as long as they did, with Fourtwozero's idiotic excuses for why on TWITTER of all goddamn things, plus the general lack of concern for any of it from the company have put a nail in it's coffin for me. Oh, and the nuke boosting in FFA. All of it just sucks, and they'll never fix it.

Last edited:
Well that sucks, you pay $59 with only a few maps, think it's like 4, plus another $9 for a few more, where as in MW $49 at lunch you had around 6 maps then after patch 1.4 2 more maps "free" 8 maps total i think.

Correct me if figures are wrong.

16 multiplayer maps by default.

I might get the DLC for the ps3, but if I do I'll probably wait until they have a 50% off sale. I didn't think the extra DLC maps in MW1 were that great though.

This is a smart move by EA an DICE to counter MW2's map pack

From Kotaku:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 joins Infinity Ward's fight against "mapathy" on March 30, unlocking its second set of VIP maps on the same day that Modern Warfare 2's first map pack drops - only Battlefield's maps are free.

That's the point being driven home in a post on the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 website titled "How to avoid "mapathy" without paying." It's a riff on the fictional affliction Infinity Ward used on Tuesday to announce the March 30 release date for the first Modern Warfare 2 map pack, poking fun at Activision for charging for the downloadable content while EA gives it out for free.

EA:
VIP members will be able to expand on the deep and ever changing sandbox experience, which in itself provides near endless hours of entertainment, by having new content to keep things fresh. It also plays a vital part in making sure you, the players get proper value for the money you've invested in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. This is why these map packs are available at no extra cost, contradicting the industry standard and what our direct competitors are doing. Of course, it also helps avoid segmenting the community, making sure everyone can play together having the same maps available. There will be future paid downloadable content as well but these packs will focus on expanding other parts of the game experience rather than the selection of maps available for the basic game modes. We're dedicated to taking care of this product for a long time – helping you avoid "mapathy" without getting nickel-and-dimed.

if DICE/EA only had their servers running smoothly, nobody at all would be playing MW2 right now

well, i meant more on PC than consoles, I forgot this was the console forum, my mistake

16 multiplayer maps by default.

I might get the DLC for the ps3, but if I do I'll probably wait until they have a 50% off sale. I didn't think the extra DLC maps in MW1 were that great though.

If they eventually fix MW2, not holding my breath or anything, but if, I'm doing the same as you. I got so burned buying the damn Map Packs for World at War when they released them over thanksgiving for 50% off all three. My buddies who played zombie mode basically guilted me into it when they came out so I could play with them. Ended up hating that gametype

On the other hand, I loved Broadcast and Creek, but not Chinatown, and I never played Killhouse, (or whatever it was called)

You're missing out if you've never played Killhouse, I play that map exclusively on PC, it's fast frantic action, with 6-12 players in the map it's perfect, and if they are all equally skilled, it's some nice frantic twitch action, imagine Shipment, only bigger, and in a Killhouse like SWAT and military training places use to train their forces.

If you like twitch and fast paced action, I can't recommend this map enough in Free For All mode.

Yaaa I forgot about killhouse that is a fun map. I did like broadcast too.

I love Killhouse. I was never a fan of Chinatown. Broadcast and creek were just OK.

well it depends on the game mode... (i only play 4 game modes, no sabotauge)
For Broadcast:
TDM= ok
SanD= BEST MAP ON GAME
HQ= pretty good, not my favorite but better than average
Domonation= ok

Creek:
TDM, pretty good
SandD= sucked
HQ= sucked
Domo= ok

China Town:
SUCKED for all except for SandD and it was ok but definitly below par

Kill house:
FFA only i think and it was ok for it
Good for private matches

Like 3 minutes of that video was pointless. I know what the maps from COD4 looked like because I played the game, why make me watch a slide show with pictures of them? I got rid of MW2 because of all the glitching and little kids/lack of party chat. I might re-buy it when they get it fixed and decide to let me be in party chat for stuff other than S&D.

A friend was telling me yesterday that the new Game Informer has an article that concludes that it wouldn't be a bad idea to "chip in a few bucks" to help the developers fix the glitches in the game or something. Seems really ridiculous, but I don't remember what exactly was said word for word but can anyone confirm/deny this? I haven't been following the whole IW firing stuff so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Like 3 minutes of that video was pointless. I know what the maps from COD4 looked like because I played the game, why make me watch a slide show with pictures of them? I got rid of MW2 because of all the glitching and little kids/lack of party chat. I might re-buy it when they get it fixed and decide to let me be in party chat for stuff other than S&D.

A friend was telling me yesterday that the new Game Informer has an article that concludes that it wouldn't be a bad idea to "chip in a few bucks" to help the developers fix the glitches in the game or something. Seems really ridiculous, but I don't remember what exactly was said word for word but can anyone confirm/deny this? I haven't been following the whole IW firing stuff so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

As far as the glitching, i dont know what system your playing on, apparently PC is still having issues but i know on 360 it is glitch/hack free since the last patch, well as far as i can tell from playing and i play a lot.

as far as the "chip in a few bucks" i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that, iw doesnt need or asking for money to "fix" there problems. i have never heard of that and i follow IW and activision pretty well so im going with that is bullshit.

found this on another forum
if this is true, VERY excited about all the new stuff
Name: Stimulus Package AKA Spring DLC

Release: March 30th

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Stimulus_Package

There are six maps in total in the map pack. The first three maps are from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, while the other three are new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBVTS...yer_embed ded

* Crash
* Overgrown
* Shipment
* Complex
* Compact
* Storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whtBbwUSKmQ&NR=1

Challenges, Titles and Emblems

It is currently unknown what Challenges, Titles, and Emblems there are, only how many of each. There are 20 new Challenges, 10 Titles, and 10 Emblems.

Perks

Perks are going to be added in the map pack. The first two are new, while the third is from previous games.

* Quickhands (allows the player to switch weapons faster)
* Heterochromaniac (allows the player to toggle thermal vision)
* Overkill (allows the player to equip two primary weapons.)

Weapons

There are three new weapons to be added in the map pack.

* Dragunov - A semi-automatic sniper rifle.
* Skorpion - A submachine gun
* Unknown weapon

Special Ops

There are five new Spec Ops missions in the new section, "Foxtrot".

If the DLC includes all those items, then it could be worth the $10 for me to play it. Hopefully the news is true.

I bet they make ground war only available if you have the DLC. Want party chat? Buy the DLC.

I just hope that they add the maps like Terminal etc into Hardcore Headquaters Ricochet...I like those maps..but I really only play Hardcore.

I just wish they'd up the player limit of FFA to something beyond 8 players. It sucks with less than 16.

Back