Mutli channel headset with 3.5mm plugs

Joni Nitro

Gawd
I have a pair of older Tritton AX360's I use on my Xbox. I have really liked them, but my mic is jacked and the inline volume controls get moved when they rub on my shirt. This unit came with the external amp and controler for audio and it has 3.5mm outputs on it.

So instead of setteling for what is "made for Xbox" I want to use these 3 x3.5mm connections for a new headset and run a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter for the mic. I can find lots of 2ch pc gaming headsets but most of the 5.1/7.1 gaming sets are usb.

I would consider a high end set of headphones, but I dont want to loose my surround sound. Got to hear folks creppn' Would a good set of headphones compare to a multichannel headphone.

Multichannel headphones are gimmicks. Two channel is all you need for surround with headphones. Headphone algorithms take advantage of the way your brain processes sound cues (this is why "headphones" is a separate audio option from "2/2.1 speakers") to make a surround environment using two speakers. Listen to this with ordinary headphones if you don't believe me. While it is a special binaural recording, the headphone setting in most, if not all, audio drivers should be able to replicate the effect in games and such. Not quite sure what the Xbox does for this, but it should be similar (at least, I would hope so).

IOW, just get a better set of traditional headphones and let the algorithm work its magic.

Thanks for the info. And I will probably try a nice set of headphones and see if I like it. I figure the worst case is I have a nice set of headphones for my PC.

Back