Rockjay420
Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 29, 2005
- Messages
- 732
I didnt know where else to put this thread, but baiscally I'm in the process of building my new home and I'm wiring for the future.
Currently I have internet/phone/cable/hdmi to each room ( 3 Bedrooms, Tv room, living room,)
and i will be running in wall speaker wire soon.
My question is what kind of amp should i buy? I read that signal/noise ratio is far more important that a wattage rating, but if im running some speakers long distance, i dont want the signal to diminish.
Im buying 6 in-ceiling speakers (Dual Driver, 22hz to 40khz, 100w RMS per channel, 8ohm impedance) and a 8 ohm volume control will be installed in each room. Also two outdoor speakers. Some of the lines will run about 35ft.
I read that i should buy a speaker selector so that i can have multiple zones (i want 5), but does that substitute for an amp or does it simply distribute the amplified signal?
Lastly, do you guy have any suggestions in what else i can add to my dream house (practical now, ive already got hdmi running to the bathroom wall
)
Currently I have internet/phone/cable/hdmi to each room ( 3 Bedrooms, Tv room, living room,)
and i will be running in wall speaker wire soon.
My question is what kind of amp should i buy? I read that signal/noise ratio is far more important that a wattage rating, but if im running some speakers long distance, i dont want the signal to diminish.
Im buying 6 in-ceiling speakers (Dual Driver, 22hz to 40khz, 100w RMS per channel, 8ohm impedance) and a 8 ohm volume control will be installed in each room. Also two outdoor speakers. Some of the lines will run about 35ft.
I read that i should buy a speaker selector so that i can have multiple zones (i want 5), but does that substitute for an amp or does it simply distribute the amplified signal?
Lastly, do you guy have any suggestions in what else i can add to my dream house (practical now, ive already got hdmi running to the bathroom wall