• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mutiple RAID cards and external SAS storage

rajsri

n00b
Joined
Mar 21, 2012
Messages
4
Hello,
I have Dell R710 server with Dell PERC 6i integrated RAID. I have 6 drives configured a RAID 10. I want to build a external attached SAS storage. Can I buy and add another RAID card to the server? I am thinking of Dell H700 or Dell H800. I have the following questions:
1. Can I install mutiple RAID cards in a server?
2. What is "link aggregation" and should I look for it in the second RAID card I plan to buy.
Please advise. Thanks in advance.
 
To answer question 1: yes, you should be able to install another RAID controller in the system.

To partially answer question 2, i believe link aggregation is part of the SAS standard, so it should be supported by all standard compliant controllers... but this may not be accurate, i would defer to someone who has used a wider range of devices than myself
 
Thanks for the reply. Anyone with experience with Dell servers, can you let me know if I can get a H700 (integrated) one and install it along with PERC 6i? The question is if Dell's servers are made to accept only one integrated card (ie., lack of space to accept second one). Thanks.
 
Back
Top