Must have PS3 games

inotocracy

Supreme [H]ardness
Just picked up a PS3 for me and my son, and man that thing was expensive! We got the 40gig, an extra controller and Ratchet & Clank, Ninja Gaiden and Burnout Paradise and it came out to just a tad under $700 :eek:. I wanted to get Virtual Fighter 5 but they didn't have it, but I plan on getting it when I can find it.

So, other than the games we already got, which ones do you guys recommend we pick up?

ps: not really into FPS games on consoles.

You can rent Army of Two and play it with your son, but I can't stress enough you must only rent that game. Not really worth owning. Assassins creed is fun, but again just rent that... pretty much everything out now is a renter... I know we're all waiting for MGS4. ;)

But right now you having Burnout... that'll eat a LOT of your time and your sons. Once you get one car... you can't help but try to get something better...

Uncharted is a good pickup, though its not the longest game around. Also Warhawk is a lot of fun if you want something online multiplayer (its a 3rd person viewpoint action game, with ground and air vehicles). If you are into baseball at all, MLB 2008 The Show is a must buy title.

What you should really do is just get on the PS Store and download some demos to check out the games. 2 of the 3 games I listed have demos you can try. There are some really good games on the store for less than $10 too (Pixel Junk Monsters, Super Stardust..) Not to mention the three games you already have should keep you busy for a while, enjoy!

I personally think Heavenly Sword is an absolute must-play, if only for the story telling and production values.

But again, rental. It's quite short.

another vote for Uncharted, great game. it's not a two player game though, so you want be able to play it with your son. I also recommend Army of Two. I agree with the advice posted above to rent it because it has mixed reviews. i bought it and don't regret it one bit - currently playing through for the second time. IMO that's a good game too. i'd be willing to bet you and your son would have a blast playing through on co-op mode.

I'd recommend DMC4 to the mix as well. It's actually pretty damn fun to play.

My new PS3 received the following welcome gift games this weekend :

UT3 (superb.. works very well on the PS3. It may never have been what the PC crowd wanted, but its bleeding stunning on the PS3)
COD4 (a classic like no other)
Ratchet and Clank
Burnout Paradise
Flow (from the playstation network)

And Grand Turismo Prologue is out this month as well. Great time to own a PS3

Uncharted Drakes Fortune is one of the best console games I have ever played. I would also recommend Army of Two and Heavenly Sword.

Just picked up a PS3 for me and my son, and man that thing was expensive! We got the 40gig, an extra controller and Ratchet & Clank, Ninja Gaiden and Burnout Paradise and it came out to just a tad under $700 :eek:. I wanted to get Virtual Fighter 5 but they didn't have it, but I plan on getting it when I can find it.

So, other than the games we already got, which ones do you guys recommend we pick up?

ps: not really into FPS games on consoles.

Resistance and Ratchet and Clank.

Resistance, Ratchec & Clank, DMC4, Armored Core 4, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Assassin's Creed, The Darkness, Folklore, Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (if you don't have the original Xbox game), Sonic (hey, it is there), Stranglehold, Tekken 5, Time Crisis 4, Virtua Fighter 5.

Plus MGS4 and FFXIII are coming out. :)

These are all games that I would get, or for better or worse, have generated a lot of talk.

Back