Must have games for PSP

BoyBlunder

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a used PSP through Gamestop. It's absolutely jawdropping. I got 2 games with it: Wipeout Pure & Lumines.

Do you guys suggest any other games? How about THUG2R? I was a big fan of the originals on the PS2 so maybe I'll like this. How about Twisted Metal?

What games do you have that I must get?

Please, no flame war.

Hot Shots Golf is probably the best game out for the system atm.
I just got Untold Legends yesterday and I am enjoying that as well.

Lemmings when it comes out!

I only have THUG2 and Untold Legends.

I'm a little pissed that when I went to EBGames and asked the employee wether or not THUG2 supported Ad Hoc wireless or the ability to play across routers, and he was like "Derrr...what do you mean? It supports wifi", and I asked him again is he sure that it's not just Ad-Hoc mode, and he assured me that I could play the game online.

I eventually get home to find out it only supports Ad-Hoc wireless. =/

I was bummed because that was kind of the selling point for me, because I wanted to be able to play it online. Either way, it's still a great game though.

Untold Legends is decent if you're into the Baldur's Gate (PS2/Xbox version) type hack'n'slashes. It gets really repetitive (x - x - x - triangle - x - x - x, pick up loot, repeat 20x, then have to gate back to town to sell shit because you can't carry anything else).

The plus is that Untold Legends is pretty damn huge. It boasts something like 1000+ areas, although I'm not sure what they consider areas. I've been playing it for awhile now (level 24) but i'm not sure how far I am from the end.

Ridge Racer, and Hot Shots Golf are the two I play the most. I also have Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and ATV Off Road. Had Tiger Woods, but sold it. It too wayyyyyyyy too long to load, and the swinging sucked.

There is a new track, and vehicle for Wipeout, just came out. I havent taken the time to get it yet.. looks good though.

I have Wipeout Pure and DarkStalkers (which I rarely play). I would love to have StreetFighter for it and the new Final Fantasy when it comes out.

Don't wanna start controversy here, but
DO NOT BUY Metal Gear Acid.
It's really tedious, a rediculous learning curve and a game of pure chance... more times than not I am mad at it because that LVL2 card hasn't come up yet forcing me to discard half my deck... quite annoying.

A little off topic here, but what's a great PSP site for info (accessories, release dates, reviews)? I'm not very fond of IGN and their bloated website....

Ridge Racer is the bombest game in the world, I play it sooooo much. THUG2 Remix is pretty good as well if your into the tony hawk series.

IceWind said:
Im still leary of buying Lumines, it looks really gay and boring......

You seem extremely close minded :(. It's a great game, but if you want to judge it without even playing it, well then that's your loss.

Anyway, you have what I would consider the best two games for the system. If you want to go online I suggest you get Twisted Metal: Head On. Also Ridge Racer is supposed to be a lot of fun and if I were to pick up another game for the system today that's what I'd get.

IceWind said:

I almost bought a PSP just for Lumines but I couldn't justify spending $300 right now (just bought a 2005FPW).

Oh well, as soon as Sony drops the price, it shall be mine.

i have wipeout, lumines, thug2, and untold legends. i love them all.

I'm not getting any more games untill later on this year. I'm thinking about midnight club 3 at the end of next month, that was fun when i rented it on xbox and they said it's the full featured console game with no cutbacks so that's cool. I'll probly be getting xmen legends 2 because multiplayer is just awesome on the first one, and then the GTA game unless there's some glaring reason not to.

Twisted Metal is fun as long as you have someone else to play with. Ridge Racer is a must have game and I really like Untold Legends for its longetivity. If you want something more along the lines of Devil May Cry get Rengoku.

BoyBlunder said:
A little off topic here, but what's a great PSP site for info (accessories, release dates, reviews)? I'm not very fond of IGN and their bloated website....
I like Gamespot and their forums, although it seems that IGN has more up-to-date information.

krizzle said:
Don't wanna start controversy here, but
DO NOT BUY Metal Gear Acid.
It's really tedious, a rediculous learning curve and a game of pure chance... more times than not I am mad at it because that LVL2 card hasn't come up yet forcing me to discard half my deck... quite annoying.
QFT

LOL, when i saw that they had a metal game for the PSP i definitely wanted to buy it.

then i realized it was a card game, and i'm glad i passed.

BoyBlunder said:
LOL, when i saw that they had a metal game for the PSP i definitely wanted to buy it.

then i realized it was a card game, and i'm glad i passed.

That is so unbelivabely gay, why would Hideo promate making a Metal gear in that fashion? :confused:

Another vote for Hot Shots, I'm not a golf fan by any means, but this is a really fun game.

It can be pretty frustrating missing a 10ft putt for an Eagle :( then botching all your putts after that until you finally do a 100 ft chip in for a tripple bogey :p

IceWind said:

dude, lumines is the handheld equivalent of crack, its unreal. still, maybe it isn't 1337 or somethin....its got flashy lights, that might work for ya :)

oh and as for games, I am spoilt, I grabbed a tonne (wipeout, RR, tony hawk, darkstalkers, hot shots golf, lumines and twisted metal) and out of all of them, lumines owns me.

wipeout is very nice as well, reminds me of the ps1 wipeout, very nice....the rest arent bad (ridge is excellent on the tram in the morning in 10 minute bursts)

Back