Must have accessories for the DS?

Blakestr

[H]ard|Gawd
I just scored a great deal (as long as everything goes through, but the guy has 100 percent positive feedback and lots of it) on a DS and games....picked up Electric Blue DS with Castlevania, Kirby Cursed Curtain, Advanced Wars, and Nintendodogs...as well as Aladdin advance and the Final Fantasy I & II remakes for advance, all for 192 plus 15 shipping...

Anyway it's coming pretty barebones just the boxes and AC adapter. Are there any must have accessories for it? Obviously a case and screen protectors would be a good investment. Any recommendations?

I can't remember whether it's an Intec package, or MadCatz, but Best Buy sells an excellent pack of accessories which include car adapter, game cases, and a protective case for the DS for like... 10-15 bucks. It doesn't include screen protectors, but you can get 'em in the same store for about $5 as well.

I like this case a lot. The DS goes into a small zippered pocket on the side. There is a pocket at the top for charger and the front folds open to reveal a pocket-page for DS games and a small mesh pocket that is the right size for the game manuals.
eCOST Link for Nintendo DS Case

shit would i know lol.. when i take my DS out.. i just take it as is... though i don't travel much lol.. sorry i cna't help much.. sounds like you got a bad ass deal though

there really are no must haves as of right now except maybe a starter kit.

There's a certain brand of screen protectors that you should stay away from, can't remember the name though... I don't use any protectors and have no scratches after a year, the clamshell design is doing it's job nicely, and there already appears to be some protective layer on the touch screen(I think that's only on certain batches though).

There's also a metal stylus you can get that people seem to rave about, can't remember the name of that either, man I'm useless.

Try DecalGirl.com for skins, though I think they look cheap and nasty.

I saw Nintendogs skins at Bestbuy... so I'm sure there are more. Especially if you import them from overseas. They are NUTS for the DS in Japan - old ladies walk around with one.

tfbit said:
I like this case a lot. The DS goes into a small zippered pocket on the side. There is a pocket at the top for charger and the front folds open to reveal a pocket-page for DS games and a small mesh pocket that is the right size for the game manuals.
eCOST Link for Nintendo DS Case
That case is AWESOME. I've had one for a while and love it. It holds your unit, charging cable, DS games, and GBA games. Well worth the $$$.

This goes against everything else I've learned so far, but...

DO NOT buy Nintendo brand screen protectors. The one for the touch screen is textured and seems to take a noticeable hit in responsiveness. I much prefer the pelican brand protectors, as they last quite a while and feel smooth when you run the stylus over them. I tried the nintendo brand for like 15 minutes before I tore it off and threw it out

Blakestr said:
I just scored a great deal (as long as everything goes through, but the guy has 100 percent positive feedback and lots of it) on a DS and games....picked up Electric Blue DS with Castlevania, Kirby Cursed Curtain, Advanced Wars, and Nintendodogs...as well as Aladdin advance and the Final Fantasy I & II remakes for advance, all for 192 plus 15 shipping...

Anyway it's coming pretty barebones just the boxes and AC adapter. Are there any must have accessories for it? Obviously a case and screen protectors would be a good investment. Any recommendations?

there are a few
the one I am eyeing is a supercard
http://www.gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/nds-supercard.htm

emulation, video, music

Back