muskin 4 512 meg ddr HELP PLZ

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
I have 4 sticks 2 are 200mhz cas 2.5 4/4/8 old
and the other 2 are 200mhz cas 3.0 3/3/8 new

if I run these 4 sticks in the same machine what kind of problems am I looking at.. or is there any? there both value ram, i bought 2 of them in october with the intent to buy 2 more, well I just did last week and now I see they are different timing "new model" i assume but same area on the Egg.

plz help thanks for ur info

Which set is the newer one?

worst case scenario, they'd run at 3/4/4/8. They shouldn't be a problem though.

hmm, you'll run at 166mhz, 3-4-4, 2T command rate with all 4 sticks in, assuming they play nice with each other. what do you do with your rig that calls for >1gb of ram? ;)

dunno a ton about the AMD setups, but the 2T is probably a given, but might be able to run 3-3-3-8 or even better at stock cpu speed.

Running 4x512mb DDR400 3-3-3-8 value mushkin on my P4 3.0GHz, i can actually run up to 227mhz (3.4GHz) 1:1 FSB: DRAM and 2.5-3-3-6 timings! No ram sinks either!

for cheap ram, its some good stuff!

First you have to disable CPC (turn command rate to 2T) and set timings manually to 3-4-4-8. It gets always more difficult when two different module sets are being mixed. If it doesn't work for you, report back and we'll see what we can do for you. :)

right now I have all 4 in there and there running.. I dont overclock so I dont worry about stock cpu speeds or anything. I just threw them in there and set it for ddr 400 and nothing else and its working so far.

"what do I do that needs more than a gig"
when I play games, it says I have 100% ram useage so I felt like I needed more.

(cf)Eclipse said:
hmm, you'll run at 166mhz, 3-4-4, 2T command rate with all 4 sticks in, assuming they play nice with each other. what do you do with your rig that calls for >1gb of ram? ;)

Yeah, this is what happened to my machine when I tried to put VS Corsair sticks (4x512mb) it booted up @ 133mhz 3-3-3-8...... :(

ASUS P4P800VM
Prescott 3.0ghz @ stock
Corsair VS (Model: VS512MB400C3) 2x512 = 1GB
Radeon 9600XT

RAM is so cheap these days..why NOT have 2gb....i don't like when people question why I feel like I need 2gb of ram.. Games are intensive these days, plus i run services like databases and VMware and it takes a lot.

Back