music software

nomak

Limp Gawd
My cousin (8 yrs old) is needing music to play for her gymnastics performances and it cannot have vocals in it. She has some songs she wants to use but was wondering if there is a way to strip the vocals from the song and keep the music/insturmentals part of the song. Is there a software out there that will do this or some other recomendations for me.. thanks..

There's no sure fire way of doing this that I'm aware of - not being an expert, of course. Here's a link from Lifehacker that gives a short and dirty video for removing the vocals. As always, YMMV.

It all comes down to how the song was recorded in the first place. There are several vocal remover direct-x plugins for common audio apps, but most just don't work very well. There are also pro solutions, but they're huge money.

The majority of the time you're going to hear some residual vocals in the background.

I would just look to see if accompaniment tracks are available.

thanks arkamw I might try that audacity program out.. have to see what kinda song collection shes wanting to do this with and go from there..

I would just look to see if accompaniment tracks are available.
This is probably the best idea that you're going to get.

I just took a look at the version of Audacity that I've got (get it anyway - it's a good program to have around) and there is already a vocal remover plugin included. Give that a shot first to see what you come up with.

Just search for "instrumental".

If your songs are pop/hip hop/rap - you could likely just find a 4-8 bar loop in the song somewhere (likely in the intro/outro) w/ no vocals - loop it 20 times and be happy. Works great for ringtones too.

If you try to use a "vocal remover", it would sound like it's playing underwater (unless the vox are dead center).

Back