• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

music for testpupposes

Lone_Bullet.be

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
235
hello....again ^^

as I am upgrading a few things i'd like totest it a little .... quite normal , no? ^^
but i mostly have elektronic music on my PC so if anyone can come up with a few titles that are of all genres AND are nice ( duh )
here are e few i can think of ( not rly songs though )
-a few secs/mins of white noise for burn in process
-a basstest ( or drum n base with REALLY low basses....)
-a classical piece with only piano or violin

So if anyone has some songs wich sould incredible IYO i'll try and DL em off I-tunes :)

ty!!
 
i'd use a test cd but if you want a more subjective approach using songs...


violin + piano
that can usually be found with most any violin sonata.
common ones are Brahms Violing Sonata's in different keys.

i use the same few songs for different audio tests (car / computer / home theater etc).
for hip hop-type bass, i use Gone by Kanye West since it has a rolling bass line of two main bass notes. One is in the 30 range (approx) and the second down note is imo in the 20's. Good way to see if you can hit the lows.

I also like to use drum solos or intros to tune since a drumsets toms can be a surprisingly good source of range.
Dave Matthews Band - "Say Goodbye" has a sweet caribbean-feel drum intro that goes from 8-inch toms to 20-inch floor toms + bass drum.

for vocals, i'm partial to female voices but that's your call. I like looking for vocals+piano or vocals+acoustic guitar

when testing, I try to stay away from music w/ distortion guitars. Not because I don't like the music but it's not necessarily the best source to test clarity. BUT - to test limits of how loud the music can get in terms of the 'rocking-out-potential', i prefer guns and roses or the black crowes. :)
 
Mister X said:

Aww man, don't give me that....
1st i've googled and most sites were MP3's like "....in x seconds there's a thone xxKhz high " OR they were xtremely low quality ( 96kbps )
2nd For the spelling; I know I could've made some spellingmistakes but none were that bad, right?
And i haven't got any english lessons in 3 years :( I am dutch speaking....
so plz a little mercy? I'm seriously starting to think you dislike me because 1) I ask a little to much ( obvious ) questions or 2) because I like sound and music but don't know anything technical....might be wrong though...PM me if so.

As for Stormshadow, TY v much...appreciated^^
 
personally i like Hotel California by the Eagles. I also use Technologique Park and PETROL by orbital sometimes.
 
Back
Top