Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD - Newegg - $270 shipped AC

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Newegg has the 1TB Mushkin Reactor SSD on sale for $270 shipped after promo code EMCKKAP25.

Probably a decent choice for those needing this capacity class or moving away from any lingering spindle drives in their systems. :)

Pretty good deal, and the anandtech review was thumbs up.

Non-idle power draw is on the high side (but not terrible) if considering it as a laptop drive. Totally worth it if replacing a spinning disk in a laptop.

MLC nand for 27 cents a gig not bad at all.

I've been wanting to ditch the spinny in my desktop for sooooo looonngggggg...

Not bad drive endurance at all for the price! (144TB) Throw these in a RAID 0 and you have 2TB of capacity that's faster than the 850 Evo and about 200 bucks cheaper!

GREAT SSD Drive! I paid $40.00 more for it 6 months ago. Don't hesitate people if you need a 1TB SSD. Mine has been a complete charm.

I need a long life and reliable big SSD for saving all of my family important datas, pictures,..etc . Will this Mushkin suit me ? I just need long life SSD, don't need speed.

I need a long life and reliable big SSD for saving all of my family important datas, pictures,..etc . Will this Mushkin suit me ? I just need long life SSD, don't need speed.

Like any SSD it can be a "hit or miss" affair. Mine has been great. YMMV. You can go with a Samsung 850 Pro (pay for it as well)

Like any SSD it can be a "hit or miss" affair. Mine has been great. YMMV. You can go with a Samsung 850 Pro (pay for it as well)

Exactly this. Any storage device can fail, regardless or brand and model. It's always a risk. Some are far and away better than others, but that risk will always be present, even if it may be significantly less than another brand and model. Most SSD manufacturers do submit to validation testing, and some are better than others. The best, to me, would be Intel, Samsung, Plextor, and Crucial/Micron...but then you are typically paying a lot extra for that.

Installed one in a friend's new machine we built back in March and he has zero problems with. Is it the fastest thing out there no but we getting between 520-530 meg on reads and 450-460 on writes.
Seemed like a very good solid drive.

i have a OCZ ssd driver dead after 6 months of it life, after that i never believe in SSD any more :p

I wouldn't be storing any 'family important datas, pictures,...etc' on an SSD, at least not as a single means of long term storage.

i have a OCZ ssd driver dead after 6 months of it life, after that i never believe in SSD any more :p
I had an SSD from OCZ too, basically over 11 months after they were bought by Toshiba. Vertex 460 480gb (bought in december 2014), crapped out in less than 3 months of usage, probably no more than 100 hours on time and only filled with 150gb. Fuck OCZ.

I do have a vertex 2 120gb in a slim ps3 running, but who knows how long that shit is going to last. :eek:

Anyways, how ideal (worth it?) is having an OS drive and gaming drive in same SSD? I've been separating the two for awhile now. But have been thinking of putting my OS and game/steam drive into one. Maybe into a 2TB ssd.

I had an SSD from OCZ too, basically over 11 months after they were bought by Toshiba. Vertex 460 480gb (bought in december 2014), crapped out in less than 3 months of usage, probably no more than 100 hours on time and only filled with 150gb. Fuck OCZ.

I do have a vertex 2 120gb in a slim ps3 running, but who knows how long that shit is going to last. :eek:

Anyways, how ideal (worth it?) is having an OS drive and gaming drive in same SSD? I've been separating the two for awhile now. But have been thinking of putting my OS and game/steam drive into one. Maybe into a 2TB ssd.

I've got 3 SSDs in my system and each are exclusively used as such:
C:\ - Seagate 600 480GB - OS, Programs

D:\ - Crucial M4 256GB - Data, files, pictures, etc as a staging area between moving them to backup media

E:\ - Crucial MX200 1TB - Digital Download Service games install location (Steam, GOG, UPlay, Origin)

I've got 3 SSDs in my system and each are exclusively used as such:
C:\ - Seagate 600 480GB - OS, Programs

D:\ - Crucial M4 256GB - Data, files, pictures, etc as a staging area between moving them to backup media

E:\ - Crucial MX200 1TB - Digital Download Service games install location (Steam, GOG, UPlay, Origin)

Wow, somebody else has a Seagate 600? I thought I was the only one. :p

Wow, somebody else has a Seagate 600? I thought I was the only one. :p

Wish they still make their consumer segment SSDs - hell of a great series. Got mine Feb last year for $260 when almost every other 480-512GB SSD were substantially more than that ($0.75+ per GB).

Wish they still make their consumer segment SSDs - hell of a great series. Got mine Feb last year for $260 when almost every other 480-512GB SSD were substantially more than that ($0.75+ per GB).

I got mine when they first came out. Don't remember what I paid but it's been perfect. It's the OS drive in my main rig.

Back