computerpro3
LightningRod
- Joined
- Mar 29, 2003
- Messages
- 8,702
Hi,
Well, as happens so often with computer upgrades, this memory upgrade didn't turn out as I had hoped...sorta. I purchased a dual pack of Mushkin lvl2 black pc3500. I put them in the slots, and it booted. I'm thinkin checkpoint 1 done. It locks up loading windows. Damnit. I take one stick out, it works fine. I overclock it to 3.56ghz which is around 470mhz 2-3-2-5. Works fine. Put the other one back in, won't go over 440mhz. Does 441mhz with 3-4-4-87 timings though. lol what a joke. Well I'm calling mushkin, hoping they will send me another stick. In hte past, they've been cool about it, hoping that happens again. In the meantime, any suggestions or settings that may improve the crappy stick of memory? ANy help would be nice.
Well, as happens so often with computer upgrades, this memory upgrade didn't turn out as I had hoped...sorta. I purchased a dual pack of Mushkin lvl2 black pc3500. I put them in the slots, and it booted. I'm thinkin checkpoint 1 done. It locks up loading windows. Damnit. I take one stick out, it works fine. I overclock it to 3.56ghz which is around 470mhz 2-3-2-5. Works fine. Put the other one back in, won't go over 440mhz. Does 441mhz with 3-4-4-87 timings though. lol what a joke. Well I'm calling mushkin, hoping they will send me another stick. In hte past, they've been cool about it, hoping that happens again. In the meantime, any suggestions or settings that may improve the crappy stick of memory? ANy help would be nice.