mushkin Extreme Performance memtest86 errors....

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
I have 2 kits - a 2 x 1 gig and a 2 x 512 gig for 3 gigs in the Vista Home Prem. I have one of the new Gigabyte P35 boards where the memory voltage is a mystery. I'm assuming it's default is 1.8v, at least that's what I've read. So, I tested both kits at what I think is 2.0v and got errors in both kits. I'm now testing at 2.2v which is what the memory should be. The problem is the motherboard isn't clear on what the default voltage is. Anyone else out there have one of these boards or issues with this memory? Frustrated in Charlotte.:mad:

Well, I tried 4 gigs of Crucial Ballistrix Tracer PC8500 and I'm still getting mem errors with Memtest. It's just got to be the MB [see sig]. So, I've orderd an Asus P5K-E with hopes that this one will work ok. This has become a real pain.

No, didn't try one. What would that tell me?

Memtest errors with one DIMM at a time will usually indicate a ram defect. While, two or more at time could also be a compatibility problem. There are exceptions to this thinking.

Hmm, ok I'll give 1 a try and see what I get. I'm really thinking it's the MB at this point. I've read elsewhere that there are quite a few people with the same board that are having similar issues. I've tried 3 different brands at this point with this board and none seem to work correctly.

Well, tried all four sticks separately at 5 5 5 15 and absolutely no errors in Memtest. In Memtest you do just let it start and run through the tests and a few passes, right?

I'm trying 2 sticks together now. EDIT: Yep, 2 sticks I get an error. So, at this point I guess it is the MB. I know Gigabyte had a list of memory that supposedly they had tested with the board, but I figured that it would be ok even though they hadn't tested it. I guess not.:mad:

What memory frequency are you using?

Is your computer overclocked during testing?

Well, tried all four sticks separately at 5 5 5 15 and absolutely no errors in Memtest. In Memtest you do just let it start and run through the tests and a few passes, right?

I'm trying 2 sticks together now. EDIT: Yep, 2 sticks I get an error. So, at this point I guess it is the MB. I know Gigabyte had a list of memory that supposedly they had tested with the board, but I figured that it would be ok even though they hadn't tested it. I guess not.:mad:

Have you run your memory in a different setup? I have a GA 965p-s3, and I know its a different mobo, but I had the exact same issue. I ran the memory in dual channel and know matter what config I ran it in, I got errors, but when I ran them one at a time, they always tested perfectly in memtest. I thought for sure it was the mobo, but i decided to try it in another setup just to make sure and I was able to duplicate the results. For some reason, the 2x1gb kit I got was not matched and gave me errors. I rma-ed the memory and no issues since. Not saying that it is not a mobo issue, but it could be the ram.

I figured that, but I tried 3 different Brands, Patriot, Muskin and Crucial. All have had issues with the board. I just got an Asus P5K-E that I hope will be ok.:confused:

I have the gigabyte 965P-DS3 with the 2x2GB G.Skill 800 kit, and I get errors in memtest and prime 95 running them together, but not when I run them apart. I haven't gotten a bluescreen, so I really don't care at this point.

Not sure about your Mobo, but I know with the Asus 32 sli deluxe you need to turn off legacy USB support in the bios, otherwise you get heaps of Memtest errors. Memtest apparently has problems with Legacy USB support turned on with this board, might be the same with yours.

Also, I had to up the voltage on my muskin ram (1 volt above standard) to get rid of two other errors... now, no problems. Just remember to turn USB legacy supprt back on after testing.

Back