Mumble Issue

BigJayDogg3

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone here have any experience with Mumble?

I'm trying to host a small Mumble server (likely a max of 5 people) for when we're gaming together. I have an old laptop that's serving as the server. Its running Ubuntu Server 14.04 (right now I'm thinking this the issue). Its a fresh install. I set it up last week, had it completely disconnected from the network since, and tonight tried getting it set up.

I can see and ping the server, but whenever I try to connect, it gives me an error of "Server connection rejected: Wrong password." I know Mumble uses certs as a password, since I have never connected to this server before, this shouldn't be the issue.

Am I correct in thinking this is just new OS bugginess, or is there something I'm possibly missing?

I would like to note that prior to this, I had Murmur running fine on Windows with this client. Moving to the Ubuntu server is when I started experiencing problems.

I believe you answered your own question. Mumble uses certificates to authenticate users. Since you brought it up yourself, I'm going to assume you had already authenticated yourself when you had it running on the Windows client. Now, you are trying to connect to the same server using the same credentials as before, but they have changed.

The fix is likely to just change your username. Add a . or something and give it a shot.

I believe you answered your own question. Mumble uses certificates to authenticate users. Since you brought it up yourself, I'm going to assume you had already authenticated yourself when you had it running on the Windows client. Now, you are trying to connect to the same server using the same credentials as before, but they have changed.

The fix is likely to just change your username. Add a . or something and give it a shot.

Nope. Nothing migrated from the Windows server. This is 100% a fresh install. I was not clear about that, sorry.

I tried changing the username and got nothing. I logged in as superuser, there are no authenticated users.

Back