Multiple User Accounts on Outlook?

StarTrek4U

Gawd
I'm wondering if this is possible, I've done some looking around and can't really seem to find a straight answer so I was hoping someone here could help me. What I have is a novell network (this is my workplace btw) where we have a few machines with generic logins for anywhere from 3-6 employees per machine. Currently these machines use Eudora, but we are migrating everyone over to outlook and then setting it up so all emails are stored on a central server (MAPI). What my question is... Is it possible to have multiple accounts for outlook under one login? While I haven't tried it, my best guess right now is to set up an account but leave all the fields blank except for the server settings, so everytime it is opened it asks for the username and pass. Would that even work? Any insight would be appreciated, and keep in mind this is outlook, not outlook express.

Thanks

Not going to be able to tell you how, but I do know that it is possible by login. At my old company, I used to be able to go anywhere in the US that we had a location and sign on and be able to get my mail through Outlook.

Come to think of it, I know we were using Exchange and (showing my ignorance here) I think that's how it knew who's mail to get.

If you don't use Exchange, I think that you can create multiple profiles and change it to whomever you want when you start but using Exchange is the way to go.

Cheers.

That's the thing... is it possible not by login? Since I have a generic login (let's just say it's called user) but I have 4 people who use that machine under the same login, can we do it in outlook?
And I'm not incharge of the mail server, I just get told what to do w/ my dept... blah

StarTrek4U said:
That's the thing... is it possible not by login? Since I have a generic login (let's just say it's called user) but I have 4 people who use that machine under the same login, can we do it in outlook?
And I'm not incharge of the mail server, I just get told what to do w/ my dept... blah

I played around a little with the profiles and it seems to be able to do what you want it do provided there is a separate email address for each of them. The problem is, the only way that I could set it up (quickly and not connected to a server environment) is each person seeing everybody else's email. This is how my wife and I have our setup though Outlook Express. It works well, but isn't the best for privacy. Also keep in mind that anything that they move out of their account to a local machine will stay on the local machine for anyone to look at.

djnes could probably tell you more as I am not any sort of Outlook pro.

I've looked into the outlook profiles, I think I'm going to test out some fake ones to see how it works, thanks for the help

Back