• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Multiple Sound Devices

Jagger100

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
7,710
I would like to have speakers run off the onboard sound while using a set of USB headphones for playing games/music.

When I insert the usb headphones, sometime the sound will tranfer over for some applications. Its not consistent and sometimes I've had the sound split. The game's sound effects would go to the headphones while the game's music would be on the speakers.

I would like to be able to assign what applications grabs the headphones vs. the onboard sound. Or at least force everything over to one device or the other.

Is this possible in Windows 7?
 
Most programs just pick what the default sound device is when they are started. When I did this, I'd have to swap default devices back and forth to set things up and not close them.
 
Back
Top