• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Multiple simultaneous audio

matteos

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
1,253
Ok, so I have a motherboard capable of outputting HD sound along with an M-Audio 24 bit 5.1 sound card which is connected to a 5.1 receiver, connected to my speakers. Now I can't seem to figure out a way of say playing one set of sounds through my headphones through the onboard sound like if I was gaming, whilst having another different sound such as music or movies playing through the sound card. I used to be able to do this with XP, but it seems that I can only enable one sound option at a time in Win 7.

Does anyone have this problem and/or a solution?
cheers
 
what programs are you using for playing audio?
you need to select the output device in those programs.
 
Your game probably wont have an option to select an output device (some do though) so you will have to set that one in your windows default audio output device.

Next just use a media player with an option to select the output device. Nearly every media player has the ability to select its output device in its settings. When you set the output device directly in your media player, it will ignore the windows default device setting.
 
Back
Top