multiple services on the same port??

geist

n00b
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
28
for you networking gurus out there. im trying to figure out is it possible to run multiple services on the same port by using multiple nics on the same machine. so the machine would have two ip address 's but say 192.168.0.1:80 goes to apache and 192.168.0.2:80 goes to mysql. would this work?
 
geist said:
192.168.0.1:80 goes to apache and 192.168.0.2:80 goes to mysql. would this work?

wait - misread. Yes. If you have two different IP addresses it will work.
 
You don't necessarily need multiple NICs. A single NIC can have multiple IPs.
 
How can you have more than one IP on a single NIC?

I am on windows getting an IP from DHCP, how do I get 2?
 
Carp said:
How can you have more than one IP on a single NIC?

I am on windows getting an IP from DHCP, how do I get 2?

Here's a better question - what enviroment are you trying to do this?
 
id be trying to do this on mac os x possibly on rhel 4 as or es as well
 
Back
Top